What are you listening to right now?

Rat Salad, although not necessarily a tempting dinner option, is a tasty drum treat truly a Bill Ward delight:

I remember checking this album out from the DeKalb County library in 1979. On vinyl.

In light of his recent passing 😢. I hope they laid him to rest in that wool cap .
Such a talented man .
Only Mickey remains 🥺
R.I.P Mike Nesmith

I first heard this on my way to Clarksville (Tenn, near Ft Campbell, Ky), wasn't the last train, just another Army bus.

And, of course, Nesmith wrote this for Linda Ronstadt and the Stone Ponies

(Jim Gordon on the drums)

I first heard this on my way to Clarksville (Tenn, near Ft Campbell, Ky), wasn't the last train, just another Army bus.

And, of course, Nesmith wrote this for Linda Ronstadt and the Stone Ponies

(Jim Gordon on the drums)

And let’s not forget, that aside from his work with the monkees and work with and writing for others, he was responsible for the creation of MTV with the original formation of “pop clips” for Nickolodian 👍🏼.

And let’s not forget, that aside from his work with the monkees and work with and writing for others, he was responsible for the creation of MTV with the original formation of “pop clips” for Nickolodian 👍🏼.
That video was called Rio

According to "Mike Nesmith's Videoranch" (who so graciously posted this video on YT) the story behind the creation of this video goes something like this.....

When presenting Michael Nesmith’s Rio as the first music video, the foremost idea up for debate is the definition of a music video. Chris Blackwell from Island Records asked Nez to make a "clip" to promote his new record in Europe. Nez had no idea what a clip was -- and rather than understand it as a low-budget recording of an artist miming their song on a stage, he recalled Hollywood musicals, Beatles and Disney films, and even The Monkees romps. While editing, director Bill Dear and Nez discovered that music can take over the narrative to create continuity even when placed over discontinuous images. That continuity is what makes a music video as Nez defines it in Infinite Tuesday: An Autobiographical Riff. Today there is little distinction between performance videos and music videos -- any video footage set to a single and released by an artist is called a music video. But in 1977, there was a clear difference and the artform in Rio was unique because of this found continuity. Nez created the "video record" with his wife at the time, Kathryn, and director Bill Dear in 1977. This band, as he calls the trio in Infinite Tuesday: An Autobiographical Riff, went on to create the longform Elephant Parts, which featured Rio, and won the first Grammy ever given for a music video.

Among the "firsts" attributed to the videos that make up Elephant Parts is a song called "Crusin".
In later years it was considered as the first "rap video".
Not sure if that still holds true or not...

I think I last saw this was in the early 1980's, on the old USA channel weekend show Night Flight.
Fun walk down memory lane. Hadn't heard the name "Sunset Sam" in a long, long time! =)

Bad Company: The very best of Bad Company. If you are a fan this a must have. The album is all live and the EQing is one of the best jobs IMO. You can hear every instruments note.

Supertramps: Breakfast in America. Like vocals, organ & piano and song structure of the album.

Among the "firsts" attributed to the videos that make up Elephant Parts is a song called "Crusin".
In later years it was considered as the first "rap video".
Not sure if that still holds true or not...

I think I last saw this was in the early 1980's, on the old USA channel weekend show Night Flight.
Fun walk down memory lane. Hadn't heard the name "Sunset Sam" in a long, long time! =)

Did I see Dan Rather in the video?

Divinyls ! Pleasure and Pain live version Jailhouse Rock...Boggo Road Jail. you tube.

Back