What are you listening to right now?

CoreaHancock_Cover.jpg

Hancock_Corea_Evening.jpg

Nothing but the sound of crickets and other night insects. Some of the most glorious music on earth.

Nothing but the sound of crickets and other night insects. Some of the most glorious music on earth.
Though winter is my favorite season, I do start to appreciate the sounds of summer a lot more as autumn gets closer. I live in a very cold climate, where the first frost arrives in early October, sometimes in late September. My opportunities to hear crickets will be drawing to a close soon.

Making myself a Sybreed playlist to listen to when I go to bed.

I'm listening to the groove of Richie Hayward combined with the angelic voice of Linda Rondstadt

Last edited:
Okay that’s just sick. It never ceases to amaze me how guys can move around the kit wearing a three piece suit and tie (probably made of wool) with such ease. I wear as few clothes as appropriate including next to nothing if I’m practicing solo in the drum room.

Ironically, having not heard a Bryan Adams song in what seemed like years, I caught "This Time" on SIRIUS XM in my truck this afternoon and was thrown back to the summer of 1983. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by ghosts from MTV's cellar.

Thanks CM. My favourite Bryan Adams song. A friend gave me the LP in the mid 80's. I had it for about 14 years until I gave away my record collection.

Ironically, having not heard a Bryan Adams song in what seemed like years, I caught "This Time" on SIRIUS XM in my truck this afternoon and was thrown back to the summer of 1983. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by ghosts from MTV's cellar.

The Hall & Oates thread got me thinking about the drumming of Mickey Curry, a massive favourite of mine, as was Bryan before Mutt Lange got hold of him. Those first 5 albums were excellent, “Reckless”, “Into the Fire”, and “Cuts Like a Knife” are well worth a listen for songwriters and musicians alike! :) (y)

Back