What are you listening to right now?

Good childhood memories, my Grandmother would play the record whenever I went to visit, she liked it very much.

Try listening to it only once . 💃🕺

I simply love it.

La Compagnie Créole - Vive le Douanier Rousseau

Hi all
I am totally new in drumming but Iam inspired by hearing this..

Could it be right this drummer (Montez Coleman) is using only a Snare Ride and Hats?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-06-24 om 16.06.18.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-06-24 om 16.06.18.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
A recording of me playing drums that I actually don't mind listening to... a real rarity. :D

A vintage K.C. concert. It's cool to see Robert getting down during his solo in the first ten minutes of this show...

I like Red and Starless, I like the later stuff, I really like the playing of Wetton and Bruford, I even like Cat Food :D but this, to me, is perfect King Crimson.

I was young, but already playing in prog bands, and I remember going to see this when the tour came through. Thanks for the video.

share it? :)

Well... it's not a very good recording, and I'm comparing it to a recording of me from a year ago so context is important, and, knowing I'm surrounded by a lot of players infinitely more skilled than myself, I am hesitant.

That said, I'm thinking about it. :)

Well... it's not a very good recording, and I'm comparing it to a recording of me from a year ago so context is important, and, knowing I'm surrounded by a lot of players infinitely more skilled than myself, I am hesitant.

That said, I'm thinking about it. :)
Cool... i recorded myself once and it was soul shattering :)

Cool... i recorded myself once and it was soul shattering :)
Actually, between the two recordings there's obvious progress as a drum set user, but, that first recording? Not great.
I'm, thinking of starting a thread I (and others, presumably for laffs) could reference as I continue to play, but that seems like a waste of bandwidth and, also, a waste of up to as many as almost 10 minutes of people's time.

Still not ruling it out. ;) :D

edit- Would there be any interest in a thread where we could put recordings for constructive listening, for our own benefit and edification? For example, I could post two recordings that I think show progress and development, and others could offer helpful critique and aid, and also contribute their own recordings for same?
Audio or video, for constructive criticism, without fear of negativity?
Or is that just the technique section?

Also, it's 6 and a half minutes. :D

Last edited:
Back