What are you listening to right now?

Not sure about the exact year, but it was mid to late 80s. I remember I was there to see Rush and really knew nothing about Steve Morse Band and wasn't really interested in seeing them. We arrived late and they had already started. As we're making our way to our seats, I start thinking, "Man, this drummer is good," then we take our seats and I start paying closer attention. Now I'm thinking, "Woah! What the? Damn! What?? Oh my god!" So, obviously I was watching his every move until the end of their set. Then Neil and company came out and put on a great show.
I saw Rod with Winger in 2007 (I’d been a Morgenstein disciple since 1988 so you can imagine my joy!) and he blew me away. I realised halfway through his solo that my face was hurting from the maniacal grin I’d been doing throughout! I laughed out loud at some of the stuff he was doing...brilliant! ? (y)

I know some of y’all don’t like these guys, but this has been on constant rotation for the last few days.

The new Weezer album, OK Human. It was recorded using all vintage equipment and utilizes a 32 piece orchestra.
It's very Beatles influenced and is some of their best work IMO.

"From desert plains I bring you loooooooove!"

Billie Elish and Phinneas on Howard Stern doing 'When The Party's Over'

Check out the VEEERRYY gradual ritard...timing mastery.

Feels like they are gathering spacetime together with both hands in voluminous bouquets.

Steven Wilson's Unborn Song...the live version just showing the insanely brilliant animation work from Jess Cope.

get to know the lyrics if you can before watching so you can concentrate on the visuals.

Right up there with Routine, Raven that Refused to Sing and Drive Home.

Truth in lyric meets stately musical movement meets visual mesmerism.

The acoustic Zed and Elley Duhe 'Happy Now' version (not Zed Playing the guitar).

Clarity of tamber, honesty and feel that takes you with them.

Last edited:
I am listening to the Yellowjackets, with the great Will Kennedy, album Dreamland. Peace and goodwill.

I get the feeling the actual drummer for that session was Grady Tate.

Back