What are you listening to right now?

,,,and with brushes!!!!

we used to do Cute in HS jazz band, and I always listened to a version like this to play along...don't know if it was the exact same, but it was on a record my dad had

Love playing along to this tune...now if only I were as good as Richard Bailey

This bass intro always seems offbeat...or maybe it's just me and a mental block...

I am at a loss as to why this man is not a part of Drummerworld.

Because he was (with) Sepultura. Metal is underrepresented here.........and buried in the "rock" category. :rolleyes:
When somebody posted a video of Eloy Casagrande awhile back, someone made a comment about putting up videos of a drummer that no one has ever heard of. ?

Last edited:
Because he was (with) Sepultura. Metal is underrepresented here.
When somebody posted a video of Eloy Casagrande awhile back, someone made a comment about putting up videos of a drummer that no one has ever heard of. ?
That's really unfortunate. Iggor is certainly someone I've always admired and his talent shouldn't be slept on.
His channel is one of my top 5.

That's really unfortunate. Iggor is certainly someone I've always admired and his talent shouldn't be slept on.
His channel is one of my top 5.

Yep, it is unfortunate because there is a lot of talent to be found in metal. Igor was a big influence on me as well in the early days. Even though I've moved away from that style, I still admire and respect what he's done for the genre.

I have a list of drummers that I feel should be represented here, but based on some recent additions, the requirements seem to be arbitrary regarding qualifications. Besides, it was made clear in another thread that suggestions weren't being sought.

This bass intro always seems offbeat...or maybe it's just me and a mental block...

I think ti is an intentional messing with the backbeat thing...like you perceive it as being one place, but when the drums come in, it is actually another, and it "turns the pattern around"...so it is not off tempo, but just a trick of the accent ,and phrase placement

I've been going to these flea market antique malls and have been grabbing old McD's for a buck or 2. I've been heavy into the best of Three Dog Night. Love their vocals/songwriting and Floyd Sneed still rocks like I always felt he did. Man! I wanted to be Floyd as a kid.

Always thought this was one of the grooviest tunes of the era and it's got a cool vid too

and this one a few years later

Back