What are you listening to right now?

Pat Metheny - Works
- busting out some of my random 80's jazz stuff...

Metheny & Mays made some wonderful music. One of my all-time faves:
View attachment 96012

yep...this is a major part of my late teen years when I was trying to get "back in touch" with jazz after living in the metal/punk world for a while...I have tons of great memories of driving around at night, windows down, listening to this

yep...this is a major part of my late teen years when I was trying to get "back in touch" with jazz after living in the metal/punk world for a while...I have tons of great memories of driving around at night, windows down, listening to this
I forget how I found The Metheny Group, but in 1986 I saw them live at an outdoor amphitheater. They began the concert with band members playing Forward March from within the audience, and marching slowly to the stage while smiling & laughing with the crowd. When they broke into Yolanda, You Learn everyone got goosebumps. Much better energy than the recording.

To this day it’s one of the best concerts I’ve attended.

I forget how I found The Metheny Group, but in 1986 I saw them live at an outdoor amphitheater. They began the concert with band members playing Forward March from within the audience, and marching slowly to the stage while smiling & laughing with the crowd. When they broke into Yolanda, You Learn everyone got goosebumps. Much better energy than the recording.

To this day it’s one of the best concerts I’ve attended.
I've seen Pat Metheny with Antonio Sanchez a few years back (2009 I think). It was in Burlington Vermont. That was where I bought my copy of "Imaginary Day" and the Metheny Songbook by Hal Leonard.
I like Metheny's style - big hair bobbing up and down as he raises up on his toes hitting the high notes in the melody. Antonio is a monster as well. I saw him in 2015 in Portland's Jimmy Mak's up close.

Right now this is F’n flooring me ! Awesome tune for a great cause ! We all know someone , or maybe even ourselves. Kudos to those who’ve won the battle and prayers and good luck to those who are battling!!! Powerfully strong vocals on this !

Last edited:
Back