What are you listening to right now?

d solo

~

Last edited:
Maybe controversial because it's more of an interpretation than a cover, but Aly Rose Trio performing Tool's The Pot is giving me a smile this evening.

The some-what jazz for today is by Rick Braun (trumpet) - Beat Street. Peace and goodwill.

Deep YT dive inspired by all of your posts... Carl Perkins with Derek and the Dominos - not sure how I missed this Johhny Cash Show bit.... but the internet saved me.

Mixed feelings about this! The drums sound sample-replaced. While the original drum sound was a bit dull it did sit perfectly with the vibe of the album. Some of the synth sounds are different too. Improvement or heresy?? What do you reckon?

Your assessment is spot on.
To me there's too much presence. Its too clean.
I'll stick with the original version.

Mixed feelings about this! The drums sound sample-replaced. While the original drum sound was a bit dull it did sit perfectly with the vibe of the album. Some of the synth sounds are different too. Improvement or heresy?? What do you reckon?

One of my favorite floyd albums.

I go through such musical emotions. Like a roller coaster. From fusion to rock to bubblegum. I'm in this BTO Not Fragile frame of mind..it just comes out of nowhere.

The CD for this afternoon is by the Crusaders - Rural Renewal, featuring Stix Hooper on drums. Peace and goodwill.

all these 60's pop references have me thinking about my own childhood...

...and how I ate so many boxes of cereal trying to get that record. 😁

Black Sabbath Paranoid album.
It's Easter.

Back