What are you listening to right now?

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
One of the finest singers the world has ever seen…
Agreed, very talented vocal skills and they had such groovy tunes to go along with it.

I just dusted off this classic vinyl and have it playing now. Thanks for posting the live video!

Attachments

• lrb.jpg
    lrb.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 2

The Shepherd

OMG, I'm going to the kit right now and playing this over and over again!!!!

Ozzy and Lemmy together, Hell yeah!!!

Hellwyck

B-52s and Go-Gos plus playback from my own band's rehearsals.

Icetech

Gold Member
B-52s and Go-Gos plus playback from my own band's rehearsals.
Man.. i love playing with both of those bands but it's embarrasses me to admit it kicks my ass sometimes.. My favorite B52's song is give me back my man and by 3 mins my arm is falling off (i can't figure out what's wrong with my technique but it hurts) .. For gogo's there is a video of there 2001 live NYC concert, head over heels, it's just a ton of fun to play. :)
I was Just listening to this, which i listen to bout once a week.. it blows my mind that the band can pull that song off so well in 1 shot live like that. (that's why they are pros and i will never be :) )

Hellwyck

Man.. i love playing with both of those bands but it's embarrasses me to admit it kicks my ass sometimes.. My favorite B52's song is give me back my man and by 3 mins my arm is falling off (i can't figure out what's wrong with my technique but it hurts) .. For gogo's there is a video of there 2001 live NYC concert, head over heels, it's just a ton of fun to play. :)
I was Just listening to this, which i listen to bout once a week.. it blows my mind that the band can pull that song off so well in 1 shot live like that. (that's why they are pros and i will never be :) )
B52's: Channel Z, Is That You MoDean, Roam, Rock Lobster, Love Shack and Good Stuff for me and GoGos: Our Lips Are Seals and We Got The Beat.

I know a cover band who do B52s and Bangles and I got to sit in when they did Love Shack and Walk Like An Egyptian - good times.

Icetech

Gold Member
B52's: Channel Z, Is That You MoDean, Roam, Rock Lobster, Love Shack and Good Stuff for me and GoGos: Our Lips Are Seals and We Got The Beat.

I know a cover band who do B52s and Bangles and I got to sit in when they did Love Shack and Walk Like An Egyptian - good times.

Man.. i used to play Channel Z every night and it just fell off at some point, will have to do it tonight... We got the beat i can do like 2 minutes of.. that foot part ends up killin me.. I think i tense up when playing, gotta work on that

P.S. i still do Private Idaho nightly though :) and some love shack now and then

Al Strange

Gold Member
It doesn't get more 1983/84 than this. You've taken me right back to middle school, Mr. Strange. I don't know whether to thank you or to shun you forever.

Great track. His best, in my opinion.
It’s of its time but an absolute classic…I love the melancholy vibe and haunting female vocals. My favourite Billy Idol track too… (y) :)

GretschedHive

Silver Member
1635635968437.jpeg

Another excellent album. Someone dubbed it "indie yacht rock" and they're not wrong. Although I don't care for the drum sound--it sounds like a drum machine...but it's not. At least there are more fills--although still not enough for my tastes--than their breakthrough album, Lost in the Dream.