What are TD9 and TD6 worth? vs a brand new TD 1 ?

AsbaSakae69

Guys, my band wants to acquire a Roland electronic drum for neighbor-friendly rehearsals. Budget is on the low end. I recommend we go for all-mesh but which one? Ideally TD17 but out of reach. We see used TD 9 on the market, or TD 6 KV. What are they worth? Isn't better to buy a brand new TD1 for the same price than a discontinued model? For our use, I think feel is essential, sound is secondary. This kit will not go on stage.
Your advice welcome please. Thanks.

SOLD listings on your local country's eBay will give you an instant valuation. (dunno where you are on the planet - you didn't say. Big place out here!)

ps. Mesh is horrible, bouncy and not particularly quiet. Roland mesh sounds like playing Tupperware,

Cool. So, sold listings on ebay.co.uk :)

Mesh is still bleurgh.

What's your empirical budget, and where in the UK?

We're in London, the overall budget is around £600. But my "what are they worth" question is in terms of the product themselves. Are the TD 6 and TD 9 good products? What's the difference with a TD 1 ? Sound ? Feel of pads? Thanks for sharing experience and views.

In London (waves)? Can I strongly suggest you pop to a couple of stores and hit some things. Def go to the Yamaha store in Wardour Street and try some silicone pads, for example.
As for Roland, avoid all the kits with proprietary cable snakes. Pain to expand and a real pain if something fails when live - you can't just grab a guitar cable ....
As for sound, it's subjective. It depends on the sounds you want. Roland kits are "modelled", Yamaha kits (for example) are based on samples of their acoustic kits.

I wouldn’t go toward the TD6; it’s too old and limitative. the Td9 is a great e-drum, expendable. A td9 KX with a vh11 hi hat and three zone ride and an extra crash is fine to play. I don’t know about the Td1

Back