What’s the first song you learned to play?

WallyY

Platinum Member
One of These Nights by the Eagles.
It was terrible. My instructor when I was 13 years old told me to play it straight, but I came back with it properly learned with triplets on hihat. He scolded me for not learning it the way he told me to.
I lost faith in the guy and dropped out of the lessons.
I wish I stuck to it because he as teaching me reading, and I was happy learning out of the book.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I don’t remember exactly, but the first two albums I played along to soooo many times were:

Pantera- 101 Proof Live
Sublime- 40oz to Freedom

I was playing jazz in school before these two.

felonious69

Although I am still just now starting out. and since TV themes were mentioned I gotta say I always liked 5-0, Hogan's heroes and Barney Miller themes (On drums and other instruments as well).
Really wanna get that Barney Miller on EVERYTHING!

Bozozoid

Whoa: this question really took me on a trip down memory lane. My mind went into overdrive trying to think!. Great question. I could only take an educated guess after sitting here. I'm thinking cinnamon girl but it's foggy.

Stroman

Platinum Member
On the drum kit, I believe it was Paul Revere and the Raiders - 'Just Like Me.' Clearly, it's been a day or two...

Justinhub2003

I was 13 and learned to play the songs that my friends knew how to play on guitar.

So for me it was a rough version of Gloria by The Doors.

Then keep on rockin in the free world

Then Down by the River

Captain Bash

Silver Member
Blimey, some of your first songs were far more technically challenging than mine. Me and two mates (bass, guitar, drums ) learnt to play the “ A Forrest” by The Cure. Pretty much a straight 4/4 beat with minor dynamic shifts and occasional crash. Lesson learnt, fills stop people dancing, stay out the way of the vocal, play steady time / feel for 4 minutes straight.