What’s in the Noble and Cooley box?!

s1212z

These were definitely priced to sell quickly, hopefully they are a help. My drum teacher took me to his shop a couple times when I was younger, it wasn't uncommon to pro players, I believe Jaimoe from ABB would frequent. I remember his drum clinic on tunings was really informative as I had no clue what I was doing at the time.

Last edited:

incrementalg

Gold Member
These were definitely priced to sell quickly, hopefully they are a help. My drum teacher took me to his shop a couple times when I was younger, it wasn't uncommon to pro players, I believe Jaimoe from ABB would frequent. I remember his drum clinic on tunings was really informative as I had no clue what I doing at the time.
I lived in CT until my early 20’s and visited Creative Music regularly. Even bought some used Ludwig snares from Bob. That’s a big reason for buying this drum. I want to help out given how much I gained from his shop and expertise as a kid.

incrementalg

Gold Member
That’s a HUGE collection, and I think he must have a sizable percentage of all the Zildjian/N&C drums ever made.
Joe Montineri posted on his IG a while back that he’s helping inventory Bob’s collection of drum sets and cymbals which are expected to be up for sale too. No word on those since his post a couple of months ago. Probably some incredible and unique N&C drum sets in that collection.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
That’s a HUGE collection, and I think he must have a sizable percentage of all the Zildjian/N&C drums ever made.

Bob is the inventor of the NC/Zildjian snares, Puresound Wires, Drumframe, DW aluminum wrinkled snares, Evans 360, PDP B.O.A., and many more inventions. Bless his heart and head.

I have shared the list on the FB groups.

Last edited:

Chris Whitten

This is not good to hear. Man..... we have no medical expenses in the UK (just saying).
Bob was key IMO to the early success of Noble & Cooley. I spent time with both Bob and Jay through the McCartney period.
I did a couple of NAMM shows with both of them. Bob started working with Evans and I used a lot of Evans prototypes on tour, not always with good outcomes. I had a prototype N&C/Zildjian snare which I sent back to N&C a couple of years ago. I used two Alloy Classics on the Dire Straits 'On Every Street' tour, one of which was a prototype. I sent that back to N&C with the Zildjian drum.
Bob sent me a BOA kick pedal, which I still have and use. Around 1990/91 Bob told me he was taking in a vintage 1920's Black Beauty into the store, and I bought it. Again, I still have it and use it a lot.

steadypocket

Gold Member
This is not good to hear. Man..... we have no medical expenses in the UK (just saying).
Bob was key IMO to the early success of Noble & Cooley. I spent time with both Bob and Jay through the McCartney period.
I did a couple of NAMM shows with both of them. Bob started working with Evans and I used a lot of Evans prototypes on tour, not always with good outcomes. I had a prototype N&C/Zildjian snare which I sent back to N&C a couple of years ago. I used two Alloy Classics on the Dire Straits 'On Every Street' tour, one of which was a prototype. I sent that back to N&C with the Zildjian drum.
Bob sent me a BOA kick pedal, which I still have and use. Around 1990/91 Bob told me he was taking in a vintage 1920's Black Beauty into the store, and I bought it. Again, I still have it and use it a lot.

I believe that the early days of N&C go back to the 1800s lol. Bob isn’t that old! Hoping for a recovery to good health for him. You know a guy is a class act when everyone who has interacted with him sings his praises.