Wfd starts next thursday july 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually saw Pete Drummond do something very similar using matched grip and the push-pull method several years ago. I think it would have been around 2005 or so. He did it at 200bpm which would have netted him 1600 in a minute if he could maintain it.

At least, that's what my somewhat sketchy memory tells me. I'm sure he mentioned something about Mangini doing a similar thing with push-pull but I have no evidence to substantiate that claim.

Yes! That's what it's all about. But until things are settled and these wrongs have been made right I just can't oblige. Once things are right, I can't wait to do so. As I said earlier, there are no short cuts to developing great singles no matter your technique(s). Like Mangini said, "Passion and a lot of practice."

Why can't you? I don't see anything stopping you.

I defended you once, but now im going to a bit of the opposite. You are refusing to share your technique until you are re-crowned worlds fastest?.... Using it to hang over someones head is just bullying. If you never share it and never get crowned, the world loses a great technique and you WILL be forgotten. You want to be someone? Start making instructional videos.

In order to most effectively make tutorials and spread he word, I deserve my title. No credibility without it.

That video of you playing with your technique isn't credibility enough?

So what happens when your title is restored and nothing changes? You'll then be remembered as the guy who took legal action against the WFD to get a title begrudgingly handed back to you. Share your technique with the world beforehand and you will have far GREATER credibility than hiding it behind a locked door until you get your own way. And you'd certainly get a lot more support.

I apologize for not mentioning I have several demo/quasi-instruciontal videos on YouTube for years now. Please watch. There are of course some fundamental things I haven't shared. You realy have to understand the blood, sweat, and tears I'm talking about and sacrifices me achieving what everyone in the know believed impossible. That means more than the title. And it will no longer be taken from me.

That video of you playing with your technique isn't credibility enough?

So what happens when your title is restored and nothing changes? You'll then be remembered as the guy who took legal action against the WFD to get a title begrudgingly handed back to you. Share your technique with the world beforehand and you will have far GREATER credibility than hiding it behind a locked door until you get your own way. And you'd certainly get a lot more support.

Deal :) I cannot argue with that.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a discussion on the internet be amiably resolved.

I think you just set another world record, dude :p

WFD threads are always fun. haha.

Ya know, one thing I'd like to see with the WFD would be having drummers actually play fast music. I mean, it's one thing to bust out some fast single strokes on a pad.....and, a completely other animal playing those tempos to music.

Just once, I would love to see any of the past and future contest winners play at least one tune that was in the tempo range of their records.

Zac, if I sent you over a song...would you play it and try to video tape it for us?

That'd be cool to see.

D

WFD threads are always fun. haha.

Ya know, one thing I'd like to see with the WFD would be having drummers actually play fast music. I mean, it's one thing to bust out some fast single strokes on a pad.....and, a completely other animal playing those tempos to music.

Just once, I would love to see any of the past and future contest winners play at least one tune that was in the tempo range of their records.

Zac, if I sent you over a song...would you play it and try to video tape it for us?

That'd be cool to see.

D
I'd be honored!! [email protected]

Sorry to Gush but hearing from one of DRUM GODS makes my year!!!! Mad respect for you, sir!! Without you and others, there would've never been me :-(

Ha...cool deal. I'll gather something up tonight and send it to ya. Will be cool to see how you wrap your technique around some of that stuff.

Awesome,
D

OK here is a link of the tune with drums. Give me a little bit.... Got to create a file without drums for ya. This will give you an idea of the song though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8467125/SR 1/04 04 The Greater Equanimity.mp3

D

Oh, man!! This is too cool. Hah, neighbors will really hate me now! Pretty sure I have developed an algorithm based on the fact my neighbors care for me directly related to whatever I was jamming to that day. If I'm swinging with Buddy, they love me. You get the picture. They're way older than me haha.

And on that happy note, we will say goodbye to the WFD and it's issues and hope that all involved, and not this forum, can straighten out their issues elsewhere. I don't want to take sides and maybe misspoke about Boo and his ego, seeing only one side of this. For that I apologize. Thank you for understanding. I see the litigants for the next case are entering the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back