Wfd starts next thursday july 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienate? Not me. I'm just being honest here and y'all should appreciate it. You're being lied to when you are told Tom is the WFD. I believe I'm doing this forum a favor. Now you all know you've been manipulated.

"During his years in the Senate he regularly flew his P-51 Mustang to Frankfort in less than 20 minutes. He won the national Formula One title in 1975 and the following year won the International Grand Prix Formula One Air Race title in France, setting a speed record on one of the straightaways by flying 260 mph only 35 feet off the ground. The only American to win that international prize before him was Jimmy Doolittle, who led the famous raid on Tokyo in the dark days after Pearl Harbor."
That's an excerpt from the article I linked. Wow! He too set a speed world record. You getting this yet? I appreciate your perspective but only because I've shamefully enjoyed putting you in your place.

I'm sorry? Are you telling me what I 'should' think and feel?

I respect your grandfather and his accomplishments, absolutely. I don't quite see how it's relevant to this discussion but I'm sorry that you went through a period of loss and I've had moments of great loss myself. I lost my own grandfather a few years ago and was present at his passing.

I still don't quite see how you're trying to approach this positively though. Working against people rarely yields the results you want. If your aim is to ruffle feathers and build resentment then so far you're doing a great job. In life I generally find it better for everybody if you approach things from a more positive angle. Promoting what you do, teaching others and liaising with other organisations would probably be more effective than attacking others.

I have two beautiful angels who need me today. I'll check back here when I can. I love this forum and all of us in it. Will check back when I can later. Peace.

IDK if I spent a thousand hours learning a technique that shattered a world record, and then was awarded, then un-awarded a prize based on data that pales under the light of scrutiny....I'd want to do exactly as Zac is doing.

He has SO much invested in this that I totally support his fighting for that title.

He clearly is passionate about this.

You go Zac.

Bless you, man! I will always credit you amongst the first of those who saw the BS followed by calling WFD on their BS.

Plus you seem to have the legal resources to see this thing through.

To be clear, I'm not calling the WFD out, you are. I only know your side of this argument but from what I can tell, you are doing what should be deemed as single strokes. They alternate, end of story. That's enough for me. I don't care how you make them alternate as long as they alternate. The rest I have no comment on except I believe you are in the right.

That's the driving force of speed contests IMO...to push techniques into an area that hasn't been tried before. I stand up and applaud you out friggin loud... your pushing of the boundaries of technique. You definitely pushed back the boundaries. That's a bold statement, but the power with which you execute your technique....IMO.... has a totally legitimate place in drumming for the speed obsessed. Respectfully, I don't think I can say that about the flutter technique, but that is only my opinion, which can be questionable at times.

In a fair and just world I feel you should be receiving the opposite treatment from how you are allegedly being treated.

Last edited:
Plus you seem to have the legal resources to see this thing through.

To be clear, I'm not calling WFD out, you are. I only know your side of this argument but from what I can tell, you are doing what should be deemed as single strokes. They alternate, end of story. That's enough for me. I don't care how you make them alternate as long as they alternate. The rest I have no comment on except I believe you are in the right.

That's the driving force of speed contests IMO...to push techniques into an area that hasn't been tried before. I stand up and applaud you out friggin loud... your pushing of the boundaries of technique. You definitely pushed back the boundaries. That's a bold statement, but the power with which you execute your technique....IMO.... has a totally legitimate place in drumming for the speed obsessed. Respectfully, I don't think I can say that about the flutter technique, that is only my opinion, which can be questionable at times.

In a fair and just world I feel you should be receiving the opposite treatment from how you are allegedly being treated.
Getting my wife teary eyed over here my friend. Happy tears. Can't thank you enough.

Zac Sullivan, no matter how his demeanor comes across towards Boo McAfee, the WFD, Mike Mangini, or anyone in this forum, truly is the worlds fastest single stroke roll drummer. All the evidence I have seen here cannot be refuted, or rebuttled. As I am a drummer who owns a drumometer, I can say 1,329 is damn near impossible with any grip, or technique. Zac has obviously put in years of blood, sweat, and if I were him probably tears over the way the WFD has treated him. He is truly a master of his craft and its a lot deeper than just fast single stroke rolls. As far as this thread goes If anyone of you can beat that 1,329 stroke roll I saw in a previous link then I am more than welcome to hear you say he is not worthy of everything he is fighting for. If you can not then you should sit back, and learn from Zac here, after all, us drummers learn from each other. If I had as much backing as he obviously has had over this whole controversy from some of the greats that he has, I wouldn't hesitate to do what he's doing. Plain and simple Mr. Sullivan is the Worlds Fastest Drummer, and I believe he deserves to be recognized based on evidence I've seen alone. When is the last time any one of you has had as much heart and dedication to reach those numbers? And the passion for drumming to not give up. Exactly. Boo McAfee is obviously more worried about WHO he can get to endorse his crappy pad, than worried about the people who took his shitty WFD pad and put their all into the art of extreme sport drumming to set the tone for hopefully a new generation. To quote his friend with the wrestling pun. Boo McAfee truly gave him the Bret Hart treatment. I believe his strokes are singles and are fair. Anyone that doesn't, well, just quit playing drums.

- YOUR FAVORITE DRUMMERS FAVORITE DRUMMER, BITCH.

Zac Sullivan, no matter how his demeanor comes across towards Boo McAfee, the WFD, Mike Mangini, or anyone in this forum, truly is the worlds fastest single stroke roll drummer. All the evidence I have seen here cannot be refuted, or rebuttled. As I am a drummer who owns a drumometer, I can say 1,329 is damn near impossible with any grip, or technique. Zac has obviously put in years of blood, sweat, and if I were him probably tears over the way the WFD has treated him. He is truly a master of his craft and its a lot deeper than just fast single stroke rolls. As far as this thread goes If anyone of you can beat that 1,329 stroke roll I saw in a previous link then I am more than welcome to hear you say he is not worthy of everything he is fighting for. If you can not then you should sit back, and learn from Zac here, after all, us drummers learn from each other. If I had as much backing as he obviously has had over this whole controversy from some of the greats that he has, I wouldn't hesitate to do what he's doing. Plain and simple Mr. Sullivan is the Worlds Fastest Drummer, and I believe he deserves to be recognized based on evidence I've seen alone. When is the last time any one of you has had as much heart and dedication to reach those numbers? And the passion for drumming to not give up. Exactly. Boo McAfee is obviously more worried about WHO he can get to endorse his crappy pad, than worried about the people who took his shitty WFD pad and put their all into the art of extreme sport drumming to set the tone for hopefully a new generation. To quote his friend with the wrestling pun. Boo McAfee truly gave him the Bret Hart treatment. I believe his strokes are singles and are fair. Anyone that doesn't, well, just quit playing drums.

- YOUR FAVORITE DRUMMERS FAVORITE DRUMMER, BITCH.

Wow! That says it all.

It bothers me to spend time on suggesting that drumming is a sport or competition. We all got into drumming for the music, and one person or a few have decided to hold an event, that to date, seems to have done nothing but divide drummers as we often brag about the brotherhood of drummers. Sounds like Boo needs an ego check. I would suggest that WFD get a website, or if they do already, those interested go there for their debate and bragging rights. OUT

It bothers me to spend time on suggesting that drumming is a sport or competition. We all got into drumming for the music, and one person or a few have decided to hold an event, that to date, seems to have done nothing but divide drummers as we often brag about the brotherhood of drummers. Sounds like Boo needs an ego check. I would suggest that WFD get a website, or if they do already, those interested go there for their debate and bragging rights. OUT

Thank you. Drumming as a sport would bother me. It isn't. WFD is a sport.

Eh i find this hard to comment on. So i will say first and foremost, these are my views and are not there to offend. Normally, i will say i really cant care less about speed etc, in all honesty i dont. In honesty it leaves me a bit jealous and a bit sad as i have limits due to trapped nerve clusters in my wrists which when doing something to strenuous cause me to have spasms, but i accept that. HOWEVER, you have done more than just play fast. You have developed a technique in the proccess which is FAR more important than a stupid speed record. I would say think of that as your legacy, that people (including me now) are going to watch and study those videos. Who cares about a record that lets be honest will be beat one day. Someone will have just spent more time and will do it, nature of the world it seems. Think of your legacy as the compound moeller technique. Part of me doesnt want to defend you as you are acting a tad like a todler but i cant help but read your story and agree.... i think the pent up frustration makes it a bit of a hard read sometimes, but i agree that you are the worlds fastest drummer. I dont care though. You are a pioneer of compound moeller, THAT i care about. THAT is a legacy, THAT will follow you. THAT will be something you would be remembered for. Not a fleeting moment of "im the fastest".

Eh i find this hard to comment on. So i will say first and foremost, these are my views and are not there to offend. Normally, i will say i really cant care less about speed etc, in all honesty i dont. In honesty it leaves me a bit jealous and a bit sad as i have limits due to trapped nerve clusters in my wrists which when doing something to strenuous cause me to have spasms, but i accept that. HOWEVER, you have done more than just play fast. You have developed a technique in the proccess which is FAR more important than a stupid speed record. I would say think of that as your legacy, that people (including me now) are going to watch and study those videos. Who cares about a record that lets be honest will be beat one day. Someone will have just spent more time and will do it, nature of the world it seems. Think of your legacy as the compound moeller technique. Part of me doesnt want to defend you as you are acting a tad like a todler but i cant help but read your story and agree.... i think the pent up frustration makes it a bit of a hard read sometimes, but i agree that you are the worlds fastest drummer. I dont care though. You are a pioneer of compound moeller, THAT i care about. THAT is a legacy, THAT will follow you. THAT will be something you would be remembered for. Not a fleeting moment of "im the fastest".

So, I think what would be best for everybody's sake is dropping the WFD vitriol and focussing on sharing the technique. Positive engagement.

And to answer your question of why should they? They shouldn't for their sake. They'd be exposed. Keep talking smack but try proving me wrong? You can't. So you result to name calling which says more than you might realize. About yourself that is. Please keep in mind this is just a sport. I'm clearly competitive are most who achieve a new world record. It should not run you the wrong way in that context.

All you've done here is prove me right about having a childish approach and attitude.

First off, I never called you names (please pay attention), I'm not talking smack (I'm telling you you're being childish, which you so obviously are), and you are sitting here saying "They'd be exposed" when you're trying to drag people into a situation that doesn't involve them. If anything, that's paramount to bullying.

And no, there's nothing wrong with being competitive. That's how the best athletes in the world continually stay at the top of their game.

But all I'm doing is strongly suggesting that you just simply grow up and take a look at how your attitude and your behaviour reflects upon you as a person. Because if the impression I and others are getting is that while we appreciate or support your position (which I already stated I do), you have the appearance of a badly behaved toddler, then that is not going to help you in any way. With all that said, I doubt you'll have actually read what I've written based on what I've seen so far in this thread. Carry on, dude, whatever works for you.

I was one of the first (on youtube channel) to say they were single strokes, at least as far as I could tell at the time. It's pretty obvious the OP HAD a legit argument while nearly everyone was in denial that it was legit.

But having said that, there is another figure of speech "taking the high road". If I had made the comments that are in this thread and came back to read them ten years from now, it'd be more of an embarrassing moment rather than proud.

There comes a time to put on big-boy pants and move along, be the better man.

So, I think what would be best for everybody's sake is dropping the WFD vitriol and focussing on sharing the technique. Positive engagement.

+1
Zac:
Please do share your technique(s) if you are so inclined. I'm sure this would be a valuable contribution for many drummers here (especially me!)
I'm always interested in maximizing potential in sticking and have lurked at WFD for years, never grasping how these speeds are achieved.

Yes! That's what it's all about. But until things are settled and these wrongs have been made right I just can't oblige. Once things are right, I can't wait to do so. As I said earlier, there are no short cuts to developing great singles no matter your technique(s). Like Mangini said, "Passion and a lot of practice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back