West Coast Drum Shops

Don't really know of any, but a new drum shop opened in my town. It's called Arizona Drum Shop. It's a one man show, but the owner Ron's a good guy, knows his stuff. I recently bought an istanbul agop crash and its my favorite crash now.

Yes!

Check out Donn Bennett Drum Studio in Bellevue WA. They are awesome, helpful knowledgeable and fair. The owner, Rudy is a good guy. They don't have a flashy web site, but just give em a call and chance.

http://bennettdrums.com/

Rhythm Traders in Portland is my go-to 5 star shop. The guys are great there. That's where I ordered my Classic Maples from.

We have Sam Adato's down here in Eugene, but he seems to mostly deal in used and vintage equipment.

there's very few dedicated drum shops here in l.a. and none are like other drum shops outside so-cal.

pro drum is really the only one to go with. if your coming to hollywood the shop is right off sunset blvd.

the other shop is chad smith's drum shop. i've never been there but i hear its decent.

for used stuff, there's a place called jammin' jersey which is approx another 1/2 hour from hollywood. they are a bit over priced but they have a building jam packed with drums, road cases, vinyl, guitars, etc...worth checking out. they have a website.

Yes!

Check out Donn Bennett Drum Studio in Bellevue WA. They are awesome, helpful knowledgeable and fair. The owner, Rudy is a good guy. They don't have a flashy web site, but just give em a call and chance.

http://bennettdrums.com/

I second this. They are great guys, a deep selection of many major brands, and a great used parts area for tinkerers like me. I stop in there once or twice a *year*, and even still Rudy remembers my name, where I'm from, and the sorts of products I like. I had a wonderful time last year attending the Peter Erskine clinic there (Bull, did you make that one?)

Attachments

• Me&Pete.jpg
    Me&Pete.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 278
I second this. They are great guys, a deep selection of many major brands, and a great used parts area for tinkerers like me. I stop in there once or twice a *year*, and even still Rudy remembers my name, where I'm from, and the sorts of products I like. I had a wonderful time last year attending the Peter Erskine clinic there (Bull, did you make that one?)

No, I didn't get a chance to check that visit out, but it looks like you did. Good for you! Yep, they are a great shop with tons of stuff crammed in there.

there's very few dedicated drum shops here in l.a. and none are like other drum shops outside so-cal.

pro drum is really the only one to go with. if your coming to hollywood the shop is right off sunset blvd.

the other shop is chad smith's drum shop. i've never been there but i hear its decent.

for used stuff, there's a place called jammin' jersey which is approx another 1/2 hour from hollywood. they are a bit over priced but they have a building jam packed with drums, road cases, vinyl, guitars, etc...worth checking out. they have a website.

In San Diego we have Music Mart in Solana Beach; other than that there's GC... I think there's one in El Cajon but I'm not certain if he's still open.

One thing that I've noticed more of in this neck of the woods (San Diego) are these cats who do a lot of business out of the trunk of their car, so to speak. No they're not thieves, LOL... they are reputable guys that are known to the scene and they forgo the usual brick & mortar plan and do delivery gigs. Of course you could go to their place as well and get whatever parts you need.

I guess that's what it's coming down to. A Drumkit is not the easiest thing to move around for some folks; it's like a piano and taking it anywhere is a PITA for them. So the housecall folks are starting to spring up.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, pretty much the only surviving dedicated drum shop I can think of is A Drummer's Tradition in San Rafael.

Bentley's Drum Shop in Fresno is legendary.

Caveat: I have not been to either of them. I get my stuff at Starving Musician in Berkeley.

So what exactly are you looking for? a place you can visit or the best prices? Most will match price and ship free.

your best advise will come from this forum. A simple phone call to any of the places talked about in this thread will get you about 10% off what ever low price you find online, sometime more (unless you find a closeout). You just need to ask for it sometimes. It's up to you to shop (including from Amazon). All the companies are reputable and most are really knowledgeable. Good luck.

Back