We're not copying Travis Barker

tamadrm

Platinum Member
you may not be copying Travis.... but there is no doubt that these guys definitely are

Sory but with the exception of Bakers Luddies,I'm seeing a slight angle in the rest of the examples.The Pic of Krupas Radio Kings, was an exception to how he usually set up his mounted tom.He always angled his mounted tom.

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
sorry to insult your intelligence

... now class if we all kindly get out our levels we would most likely find out that Bakers toms in that pic are ever so slightly tilted as well..... silly me

hows this oh father of pointless details and minutia ?

does this suffice ?

oh wait.... Keith never gave a shit how his toms were set up so they were sometimes angled as well.... guess this actually doesn't count

OH NO!!!!..... look!!!.... Travis' tom is slightly angled as well.... I guess the thread is over.... sorry to ruin the fun .... my bad.... flat means flat kids.... remember that .... uncle tamadrm says so

Wow ,sit on a few thumb tacks did you?Maybe eat some nails for breakfast?Father of pointless details and minutia?Kind of insulting and really uncalled for BS Anthony.We're all entitled to our opinions,no?You really don't like it when others disagree with you ....do you?So you reply with insults?My post was in NO WAY,meant to insult you,and if that's what you think,you've got it ....totally wrong.Did I throw any insults your way?.How wonderful.We normaly get along,so what's changed here?PM me if you don't agree,and lets keep the insults PRIVATE,shall we,it's what adults do.

Steve B

Last edited:

drum4fun27302

Gold Member
I like all my toms slightly angled . I play a lot of rimshots and with the tom flats , it would force me to drop my hand/wrist too far down. I raise the toms and tilt and voila!!!

WallyY

Platinum Member
How come I can't find the YouTube video at the top of this page that doesn't have anything to do with Travis Barker in it?

Defender

Silver Member
Does this bonehead really have a giant tattoo of the Cadillac symbol in the middle of his chest? What a goof! Oh, and he sucks at playing the drums too, lol.

And one more thing, maybe he can find a hi-hat stand that goes up about another foot or so. I'm trying to figure out if he sucks that bad because of his crappy set-up layout or if the suckiness just comes natural.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
I'm trying to figure out if he sucks that bad because of his crappy set-up layout or if the suckiness just comes natural.
I guess if you're gonna suck then it's better to suck like him. With a full calendar, thousands in the bank and the freedom to pick and choose the high profile/high paying musical ventures in front of an audience all too willing to pay top dollar to watch him do it, than to suck unemployed, unnoticed and unpaid from the confines of your bedroom.

I'm no Barker fan nor am I someone to ever come to his defense .... .... ..... but the guy can play
Agreed on all points.

sorry to insult your intelligence

... now class if we all kindly get out our levels we would most likely find out that Bakers toms in that pic are ever so slightly tilted as well..... silly me

hows this oh father of pointless details and minutia ?

does this suffice ?

oh wait.... Keith never gave a shit how his toms were set up so they were sometimes angled as well.... guess this actually doesn't count

OH NO!!!!..... look!!!.... Travis' tom is slightly angled as well.... I guess the thread is over.... sorry to ruin the fun .... my bad.... flat means flat kids.... remember that .... uncle tamadrm says so

bahahahah dude you had me literally laughing out loud that sarcasm is my kinda comedy

tamadrm

Platinum Member
what exactly did you disagree with ?

the fact that the mounted toms in the pics I posted weren't very similar to the way Barker plays ?

well then you would be wrong

how does one disagree with a fact? .... I'm curious

thanks for playing with me in the sandbox ..... it's been real fun !!!
Sure,anything the father of pointless details and minuta can do to brighten your day.You really have to get over that information is your kryptonite thing......I bet you're still thrilled with that digital watch,and trying to understand how all those little people get inside your TV set.Tomorrow you can learn what to do at a 4 way stop sign,because I know that's got you stumped.Have fun today with your new Tony Williams lunch box bye for now.:)

Uncle Tamadrm.

Last edited:

CYP47

I have always played with my toms pretty much flat and I am much older than Travis Barker. Maybe hes copying me.