Well that's 2022 finished!

Woolwich

Silver Member
Back in July our singer came down with a condition that prevented her performing and resulted in us cancelling our July, August and September gigs. After today's doctors appointment the doctor told her that she hadn't given her the full course of medication and still isn't entirely sure what's actually wrong. She wrote her a new prescription......for the wrong medication so that needs to be changed. In the meantime our bass player has been having blood pressure and heart issues to the extent he can't even walk briskly without getting breathless.

We've taken the decision to cancel our gigs for the rest of the year, hopefully 2023 will be better.

mikyok

Platinum Member
That sucks man. Hopefully your bandmates come through the other side with a clean bill of health first and foremost!

I'm not sure the rest of the year is going to be that great gig wise for a lot of us. A lot of venues are struggling with energy bill extortion

Totigerus

Back in July our singer came down with a condition that prevented her performing and resulted in us cancelling our July, August and September gigs. After today's doctors appointment the doctor told her that she hadn't given her the full course of medication and still isn't entirely sure what's actually wrong. She wrote her a new prescription......for the wrong medication so that needs to be changed. In the meantime our bass player has been having blood pressure and heart issues to the extent he can't even walk briskly without getting breathless.

We've taken the decision to cancel our gigs for the rest of the year, hopefully 2023 will be better.
At least you have gigs to cancel. 😞
I can't find a decent band to join to save my life! 🥺

No Way Jose

Silver Member
I'd be looking for another band. The band that you are in is likely to go to a hospital at any time.

Al Strange

Platinum Member

Sorry to hear that mate…are you on the lookout for other gigs during the hiatus to keep your chops up?:unsure: All the best to your band mates and wishing them a speedy and full recovery.(y)

Woolwich

Silver Member
I'd be looking for another band. The band that you are in is likely to go to a hospital at any time.

Me included, I'm nursing a frozen shoulder, my hope is that when/if things get back to normal I'll be at full or close to full fitness too.

On a serious note if the band folds or a member leaves then I think that will be me done playing live music. The thought of getting a band together and the grind of starting out, getting gigs etc is just a step too far now, been there and done that too many times 😞

Smoke

Silver Member
Getting old stinks. But I'm not ready to explore the alternatives. Wishing you and your bandmates a full recovery. Retiring from gigging doesn't mean hanging up your sticks. The drum set is a willing friend who is always ready when you have a moment or two of "quiet time." ;)

Woolwich

Silver Member
On a happier note, our bass player sent a message today saying he's booked 3 gigs for next year, one of which is at a venue we had to cancel at this year, so that's 4 gigs for 2023 🤞. He's avoided the first few months too "just to be safe" so here's hoping.