Well I went and got these for my church....DW Collectors 1999 set.

webe123

I found these on guitar centers website at their store in Lakeland Fla. I bought them for my church. I THINK they may possibly be Keller shells? But I am mainly a guitar player! LOL! I do not know if they are or not. I play some drums but am not the main drummer. (I was just going by the badge on the pictures that seems to have a black background with silver DW lettering) They look like they have been well taken care of for their age. I have not gotten them in yet,they will arrive this Tuesday. But if anyone knows what they might be....either DW or Keller shells please post. Here is a screenshot of the drums before I bought them and they took the webpage down......Screenshot_2020-07-03 DW 1999 Collector's Series Drum Kit.jpg

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Seeing the black rods on the brackets, is a signal of Keller shells.

The switch was made somewhere 1998.

Regardless those are nice drums!

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Do the gold badges denote when DW started making their own shells?
The change was denoted by the joint of the shell.

Keller used a straight cut joint and DW used tongue in groove.

They changed this during the black/chrome era, around 1998.

The gold era was already fully DW.

Darth Vater

The change was denoted by the joint of the shell.

Keller used a straight cut joint and DW used tongue in groove.

They changed this during the black/chrome era, around 1998.

The gold era was already fully DW.
Very good sir. Thank you for the info. (y)

Lee-Bro

DW made shells have a finger-joint on the reinforcement rings. Keller shells have a flat butt-joint on the rings.

webe123

Saw you actually commented on the vid...... so You were already on top of this.. LOL

Yeah that video was what I watched when I thought about the question I posted as to weather or not the ones I got could be keller shells. I loved the sound of those keller shells in that video and the tom sizes are exactly the same as the ones I got....If ours sound half as good as those I will be happy!