Weird Percussion in Your Setup

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I just acquired an old electric bell, like for a school, firehouse, security alarm, etc. When struck on the edge, it makes a beautiful ringing sound. The closer to the middle it gets, the clangier it becomes. I'm gonna mount that sucker on a stand (after I buy one) and play the hell out of it.

20210602_143350.jpg

How about y'all? Anyone have anything unusual on your kit?

felonious69

You c
I just acquired an old electric bell, like for a school, firehouse, security alarm, etc. When struck on the edge, it makes a beautiful ringing sound. The closer to the middle it gets, the clangier it becomes. I'm gonna mount that sucker on a stand (after I buy one) and play the hell out of it.

View attachment 104982

You could use that for rastlin'!
I do have a 12" steel tongue drum that I made a round platform for a snare stand for. 3" hole in the middle for placing a mic up underneath...wah pedal, processor...! We'll see what can happen.

toddmc

Gold Member

View attachment 104982

I don't believe my e-kit has an "old electric bell" sample so well done! 😁