Weird Al Show

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Tomorrow I will be sitting pretty in the third row of Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater Florida watching Bermuda and his lead singer perform for my listening enjoyment. I will also be going back stage post show to meet these two famous, infamous performers.
I will give a full report on Sunday morning.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Re: Wierd Al Show

Enjoy!! They put on a fantastic show with superb sound.

I'm envious - when I saw them out here it was at a fairground and I wasn't able to visit backstage. Say hi to Bermuda!

drstrangefunk

Tomorrow I will be sitting pretty in the third row of Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater Florida watching Bermuda and his lead singer perform for my listening enjoyment. I will also be going back stage post show to meet these two famous, infamous performers.
I will give a full report on Sunday morning.
please tell Al that i think that "You're Pitiful" is his masterpiece. a diatribe sung with so much love that it feels like it's coming from a sibling or best friend.

he sings the heck out it.

yall have fun.

MaryO

Platinum Member
A friend of mine just went to the show the other night and said how good it was. Enjoy! And we want backstage pics....at least the ones you can show us :)

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Excellent. Big time fun GDad.

I went to a Weirld Al concert almost 15 years ago, long before I truly had my drumming brain firing on all cylinders. Next time they're in Atlanta, I am going to be there.

All the best to Bermuda.

Thanks in advance for Sunday pic posting.

porter

Platinum Member
I've been to 3 Weird Al shows. All before I knew who Bermuda was :( unfortunately there's just too much repetition of his classics for me to see it any more times. But I eagerly await the new album.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I saw them in 2007 in Houston, and it was the most entertaining concert I have ever seen, out of about 90. Peace and goodwill.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
First let me say what a pleasure it was to meet both Mr. Weird, and Bermuda. had a good chat with Bermuda after the show and Al was very hospitable. The show was fantastic with plenty to be liked, music, theatrics, videos during costume changes, lighting, the works. I was in the third row, but the rows wrap around on the ends so i was an arms length from the stage on the stage right side. At one point I was fooling with my cell phone camera settings and looked up and Al was leaning off of the stage with his face about a foot from mine. Really hilarious. Pictures arent the best as they don't allow flash, and my friend had a shaky hand on my camera with the photos of Jon and Al. But a night to remember. My friend has been a Weird Al fan since 1984 and was wetting his pants getting to meet the band. On with the show.

Attachments

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic pictures Grunt, & it sounds like you had a great night. Well done too Jon for being such a cool host. A little bit of love goes a long way eh!

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Wow, they did a live performance of the latest Drummerworld movie "The Cartoon Wars", impressive :)

Glad you enjoyed the show Grunt, yes, you must had a ball, I love Weird Al's take on other artists music, I wish I was there...

They say that the drumming community is like a brotherhood, I believe that...

....Jon and John really look like they could be brothers, there's an air of ressemblance between you two, lol.

Attachments

MaryO

Platinum Member
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I might have to try for a Weird Al concert in my future.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
It was a pleasure to meet you, and glad you caught a seamless show. Typically it takes more than a few shows at the start of a tour to get up to speed (especially with a few new key crew members as we have now,) but I think we're dialed in already.

Thanks again for sharing your Saturday night with me!

Bermuda