Weight Loss....

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Just for those who provided me with advise a few weeks back.

I started walking in early November and I'm now averaging over 4.5km per day.

Weighed myself yesterday. Have lost 6 kilogrammes which is nearly one stone over here. Feel great. Really improved my stamina when playing drums.

Thanks to all who shared their ideas. And best wishes to everyone for Christmas.

force3005

Silver Member
Hi SquadLeader, I did the same thing about five ago, just started walking about 2 to 2-1/2 miles per day and cut out pop and other sugar drinks and only drank water even at meals lost 80+ pounds. Today I still don’t miss the drinks at mealtime and it’s cheaper when you go out to eat too. I walk every other day now 1-2 miles. Keep walking and have fun playing a long time. Merry Christmas

Morrisman

Platinum Member
That's excellent news. Glad to hear you're already feeling better.

Obviously all that walking is a "Step in the right direction"

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
That's a great result. Have you changed your diet too?

I got lazy recently but I was onto a 2km walk each day at one stage. 2km doesn't sound like much but if you drive to work and drive home you get complacent and 2km kinda feels like a long way!

Who told you to do 4.5? I think I'd better match you.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
I walk around 3 miles a day just at work. It's amazing what a difference it makes. I'm now quite able to walk around 10 miles in a day whilst doing other things and although I feel tired, it's not too bad. Compared to what I was like ten years ago it's nothing but it's a significant improvement and does wonders for the weight loss.

Always been a rotund chap and now I'm trying to get to a more reasonable shape.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
My doctor put the fear of God in me and with diabetes 2 staring me in the face, she all but told me to eliminate carbs for the time being. I did that as much was possible and have lost 50 pounds and kept it off. My last exam, all of my blood tests were excellent

SquadLeader

Gold Member
That's a great result. Have you changed your diet too?

I got lazy recently but I was onto a 2km walk each day at one stage. 2km doesn't sound like much but if you drive to work and drive home you get complacent and 2km kinda feels like a long way!

Who told you to do 4.5? I think I'd better match you.
Not dramatically.

I only drink water at work and take a soup for lunch each day. No bread.

Cut out all chocolates.

Meals wise...other than changing the sandwich at lunch to a soup I really haven't cut down much. But I'm not a particularly gluttonous fatty anyway.

I haven't cut down on my drinking. I love a good drink on Friday and Saturday night. That's the only thing I have no intention of compromising really.

It's down to the exercise. Has to be. And it's getting easier every day. Last week I walked home from Bury to Heywood on the Tuesday (nearly 5k) and then Rochdale to Heywood the night after (similar). And it's not an easy walk as I live in an area called 'Summit' :) I'd normally get a taxi or a bus.

Really getting a lot easier. And actually beginning to enjoy my nightly walk. Words I never thought I would utter.

philrudd

Kick ass, SL. Discipline is its own reward, but it's nice to have a measurable result (i.e. weight loss) to show for it.

Make sure you feel really good about yourself -you've earned it.