We have a spy amongst us ;)

ive noticed this too anndy and even when re-visiting threads, the one over count doesnt change??? something verryyyy clandestine going on here and im a little worried.....

Got the post count deal - no problem, but look at threads before the reboot, & you'll see an exponentially bigger count of views than posts (i.e. 24 replies, 374 views). Since the reboot, the number of views is only ever 1 more than the number of replies. Have we been culling lurkers?

That might be due to the fact that several posts were deleted. However, it would appear the reply or view tallies remained the same.

I know I lost about a dozen posts after the reboot.

I'd tell you who the spy is but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-LURKING-STILL-LURKING_zps213e25ae.jpg

Prior to the reboot, views were tallied continuously. It is possible that they are now only being tallied every so often, but I don't think that's the case. I think something is broken.

Either that, or there's a spy among us. Lord knows it ain't me. I'm way too dumb to be a spy, lol.

There's definitely something wrong, since even if the system only counts logged-in users, no thread at all has more than +1 views than replies. I viewed this thread yesterday, and it hasn't shown up on the post listing for now, but I'm betting after this post is done it'll go up by 1 sometime soon.

When did this "reboot" happen? I'm not on everyday, so did I miss something?

I have noticed the plus one thing, though!

Okay I am amused. I thought this was a drum forum not an extention of the CIA. If I was mistaken sorry about that or someone is just being paranoid.

I think the lurking spy is a jealous Guru competitor....

(Andy, can I get my free snare now?)

He is coming for us all

This spy wants all of your best drum secrets and they want to come in and see all of your gear.

Watch out! Keep all of your drumming secrets hidden away so this spy cannot get them.

I think the lurking spy is a jealous Guru competitor....

(Andy, can I get my free snare now?)

I don't think from what I've seen that Guru has any competitors. And I just stole your free snare.

Back