Watching a deal go away?

Icetech

Gold Member
Soo.. bored at work looking through CL today (which is never good) and i run into this kit for sale...

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/6061449448.html

So.. emailed the guy and someone is coming to pick it up tonight.. Which i don't need another kit i have wanted a vintage ludwig 2up 1down kit since about forever :) And the price.. and original owner.. already kicking myself.. Look like a good deal i'm missing or just drum lust?

opentune

Platinum Member
nope thats a good deal with that 602 ride in there. maybe you can find something you don't like about it to console yourself.
hopefully you told the guy that if the buyer doesn't come you'll take it asap.

Icetech

Gold Member
Yeah i told him email me if the guy walks away.. but thats about a zero chance i think... that kit is 12/13/16/22.. and has a little rash on the wrap on one of the toms. It has actually been listed for 30 days. really surprised no one snatched it up. I am in love with my current kit and really want to buy good yamahas one day. but hate not getting those ludwigs:)

KamaK

Platinum Member
A word of caution regarding 60's Ludwigs...

We have an early 60's Club in our family storage that I tinkered with for a week last year. It's a nice kit, but would require all of the bearing edges recut in order to be made right. The stock edges sound like shit, and they're barely what I would call a round-over.

In my case, the bearing edge issue is only exceeded by the aesthetic issue.... Our kit is literally wrapped in "Pink Camouflage", or "Flamingo Massacre" as my father called it.

Icetech

Gold Member
haha thanks for the warning.. and i would really like to see the Flaming Massacre if you ever get a pic :)

TheElectricCompany

I'm watching an outstanding deal go by on eBay. There's a floor tom I've been looking for for a year and the Buy It Now price is $399. That's at least $150 cheaper than anywhere I've seen it before, but I just can't spend the money.

Icetech

Gold Member
Here ya go, Iceman. You'd have to drive to Canton though.

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/msg/6075317452.html

Canton isn't a bad drive really.. but that kit just.. well.. i have never been one for 14.5" snares.. i like nice whole numbers :) That 67 kit just rang my bell is all.. if the guy emails i'll go get it.. if not. I actually have realized i love my kit and would hate to get rid of it anyway. Unless good yamaha's come along cheap.. then it's good bye kit! :)