Wat R the best Base drum peddles?

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
Haha, just kidding! The reason I started this thread is because these babies just shipped out, I should get them in about 5 days!

YM6L87kvngQ4_Vim4AFu_THBXyzFJo67RsiNdgpTUdoKjNJn9QSnkU4tBSfY9QzRApncFlxxDdaxGRWfa_QHwbESRjJqXB98mRieoSk4-M8MP6Q8prtj1jwRGswrnQ7QT7NW0z_2hvwi

I'm extremely excited about them, I got a great deal, only $350! I don't know if these are going to be the perfect pedal for me, but they're definitely some of the best out there, and I've been looking to get my hands on a pair.

they're nice... but if you like a lot of punch, and power they kind of lack in that department. extremely light and fast though.

Honestly, I've found the opposite to be true with Axis pedals in general, its a matter of setting! You can make them hit super hard, haha. They are extremely light and fast though! But if you set a good beater distance... they smack!

This is a good example of "if you like it, then it's the pedal for you". I've put my feet on the Axis pedal "every" chance I get to play one ... and they still don't "do it" for me. Wasn't my bag 15+ years ago ... and it don't work for me now ...​
But they're the "cats meow" for a lot of people ... that's why, with pedals, you need to play every one you can, and then buy the one that feels best to you.​

Bayse drahm pettles... I love those.

Congrats on your Axis - I haven't tried them but would love to have some - just don't expect them to make you faster than you are now. Are you?

However you spell it, give us a review after you fire them up! Would love to hear some fresh feedback on these. I've considered them myself...

i've tried them with more tension, heavier beaters and i always have a further beater... just never felt like i could get a good smack out of them.

Thats definitely interesting, definitely seems different from my experience. What pedals do you normally play?

This is a good example of "if you like it, then it's the pedal for you". I've put my feet on the Axis pedal "every" chance I get to play one ... and they still don't "do it" for me. Wasn't my bag 15+ years ago ... and it don't work for me now ...​
But they're the "cats meow" for a lot of people ... that's why, with pedals, you need to play every one you can, and then buy the one that feels best to you.​

Absolutely! Its not for everyone, and I may not wind up sticking with them. But I should be able to re-sell them for a bit more than I paid, I couldn't pass them up!

Bayse drahm pettles... I love those.

Congrats on your Axis - I haven't tried them but would love to have some - just don't expect them to make you faster than you are now. Are you?

Well, they won't make me faster, but they are lighter and more mechanically efficient than my current pedals, so they will get in the way less. The net result is that I will be able to achieve higher speeds with less effort and fatigue. In that way, they do make you faster ;) I know this for a fact, because I already own an Axis single pedal, and it has this effect.

However you spell it, give us a review after you fire them up! Would love to hear some fresh feedback on these. I've considered them myself...

Will do! I'll probably write a blog article about them, haha. Maybe a video review too.

your gonna using them for metal rite?!? ;cause they only work for metal! \m/

I tried using an Axis pedal to play jazz once, and it didn't make any sound! I guess you CAN only play metal with Axis, haha.

Nice! I love those beaters. Are they better than the standard ones...?
I don't know if I like my DW9002. Want to try direct drive. Should I get Yamahas top-of-the-line pedal? I love metallic-coloured pedals! :)

I demand you to make an awesome video with 'em!

OMG! I Frkn luv my Axis base drumb peddle! ...I'm sorry for that.

Bought it used off my local Craigslist, had to take it apart, give it a thorough cleaning and order a new spring assembly but now this baby plays like new.

I imagine that if I were still using the stock tapered plastic beater that came with it then I'd be relegated to playing Metal or heavy Rock. I put a double sided DW beater on it and it suites all my ragtime/jazz/punk needs.

I really don't know where this lack of power reputation comes from. Granted, I play a 24" kick and have a rather heavy right foot so I don't need any more attack out of this thing.

Anyone else think of this when Konaboy completely missed the "peddle" joke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8dJ7gMWQQ&feature=related

"Wat R the best Base drum peddles?"

i would say the kind you can use with your feet....but maybe i'm off base here. :) :)

Back