Wanting to give Paiste cymbals a try. Where should I start?

Two things that Paiste is known for is ther legendary consistency in sound reproduction of their cymbal models and also the fact that you can mix product lines together and they'll blend well.
The only one I can think of that might stand apart from all others would be the Rude series not blending in cohesively with every cymbal line. ( a bit like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation movie ).

Last edited:
Update: The Hi-Hats and 20" Crash arrived yesterday. I picked up a 19" 2002 Crash last week to go with the 18" I already have. I'm in Paiste heaven!

The 15" Sound Edge hats are just fantastic. Classic sound. Love the big crashes too though it's going to take some experimentation to integrate them into my playing. The 20" sounds huge in my little studio but I'm sure it will be right at home in bigger venues and outdoor stages.

Loving the 24" Ride as well. Nice cut and a great bell. Haven't tried crashing it yet.

I ordered a 10" splash this morning and will grab a China and/or Swish cymbal after Christmas. They'll get plenty of use.

So far the 2002s are living up to the hype. I love their brightness and shimmer, literally and figuratively. Just the sound I was looking for.

Back