Wanting crash suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

<(' . '<)

I am looking for some new cymbals. I'd like two crashes that have a dark and warm sound, more warm than dark though. I'd like semi pro - pro grade suggestions please. I'm open to Meinl, Stagg, Zildjian, Sabian or Paiste. I'd also like to be able to get them used from Guitar Center. Thanks for your time.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I must have ESP?
Actually I also like odd sized cymbals.
I have an 11" K Cust Hy splash along with the 13" hats.

evans_69

Silver Member
A customs or Meinl Byzance, although the Byzance are a little expensive. If you want a great crash for small money try the Istanbul Alchemys.

<(' . '<)

I was thinking the following, just wanted to see if any came up

Meinl: MB10
Zildjian: A and K Customs
Sabian: AAX, HH, HHX
Stagg: DH

Anyone use these?

Terrence R

Silver Member
The A customs are my favorite. But they are fairly bright, not too dark. Plenty of warmth tho. I've never played any K customs, but every time someone puts a post on looking for a "dark crash", people seem to recommend them. The AAX dark crash is prob the best suggestion tho. Very warm, and know body ever seems to complain about them. Personally, I wouldn't like the small bell they have, but that's just me. Good luck.

<(' . '<)

The A customs are my favorite. But they are fairly bright, not too dark. Plenty of warmth tho. I've never played any K customs, but every time someone puts a post on looking for a "dark crash", people seem to recommend them. The AAX dark crash is prob the best suggestion tho. Very warm, and know body ever seems to complain about them. Personally, I wouldn't like the small bell they have, but that's just me. Good luck.
I always here good things about K's but an AAX dark is actually too dark for me. And I don't like the bell either haha

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Yeah, I have a 19" AAXplosion crash and I friggin' luv it. It's a great crash/ride and the bell is sweet. Goes nicely with my Dark 16" Sabian.

A

audiotech

I was thinking the following, just wanted to see if any came up

Meinl: MB10
Zildjian: A and K Customs
Sabian: AAX, HH, HHX
Stagg: DH

Anyone use these?
Yes, I basically have fairly full sets of the Zildjian As, K Customs, Sabian Hand Hammered and HHX Evolution cymbals.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.