Want to be open handed. Use a remote hi hat.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
I've had this for a while but haven't used it for a long time. Been going through my gear to figure out what I really need and what I can reverb. I did find a couple set screws that I can sell. LOL I set up the remote hi hat and I'm liking the freedom it affords. Frees up the left hand to move around with ease. Yeah I know. It feels a little different. Yeah, so? You can still use the straight jacket position for super complex patterns on the regular stand. I have the pedals close enough together that I can play both at the same time if I want to. The cymbals I'm using are a Swiss stack. I have some regular hats stashed some where.

Attachments

Al Strange

I've had this for a while but haven't used it for a long time. Been going through my gear to figure out what I really need and what I can reverb. I did find a couple set screws that I can sell. LOL I set up the remote hi hat and I'm liking the freedom it affords. Frees up the left hand to move around with ease. Yeah I know. It feels a little different. Yeah, so? You can still use the straight jacket position for super complex patterns on the regular stand. I have the pedals close enough together that I can play both at the same time if I want to. The cymbals I'm using are a Swiss stack. I have some regular hats stashed some where.
Looks really cool and is causing me to ponder doing something along these lines... :unsure: (y) :cool:

johnwesley

Silver Member
I started doing this about 6 years ago. Remote hats to my right and another set middle kit. Cross sticking the hi hat is limiting. I like everything semi-circled in front of me so I don't have to "reach".

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I'm open handed without a remote hat right now. They are too expensive and pretty hard to find used. I run a ton of double kick so it doesnt really matter anyhow.