Vox's new Telstar Maple kit

IBitePrettyHard

Their previous re-issue was made of "Hardwood"....and it cost $1800. This one is made of Maple so.....it'll probably cost double. :LOL: :LOL:

UPDATE: It costs $2999.99 :LOL:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/vox-launches-telstar-maple-kit-for-2021

HBy8AkF.png

Last edited:
either way, you're stuck with the stock kick heads. I don't think anyone will invest in tooling to make heads to only fit one manufacturers product.
Remo is making replacement heads for it. But that doesn't make it all better in my mind. It'll still require a special order from Remo. You can't just drop by Guitar Center on the way to a gig.

Plus, there's the shape issue. It's cute, but it's not gonna sound good. Physics have a way of ruining everything. ?

Last edited:
Yes but remember.. There is the PDP Bop kit for $549... so you don't need any upper level pro kit !!!!.. Everything is Solved IBite !!!!
It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of want. Sure everyone can make do with a 300 dollar kit, but wouldn't you want that one new shiny Ludwig? I certainly would.

The toms and snare on the previous was Alder, and the kick was Birch.
That's good to know!

Whenever a drum is advertised as being made of "Hardwood"...that's always bad sign. That's code for "cheap wood". (usually Luan or Poplar, but in this case, Alder). It means they don't have enough confidence in just saying it's made from Alder.

Alder is not widely known for being a tone wood for drums. There are a few out there, but most people have no clue what Alder is.

That's good to know!

Whenever a drum is advertised as being made of "Hardwood"...that's always bad sign. That's code for "cheap wood". (usually Luan or Poplar, but in this case, Alder). It means they don't have enough confidence in just saying it's made from Alder.

Alder is not widely known for being a tone wood for drums. There are a few out there, but most people have no clue what Alder is.
It’s described as a “poor man’s” cherry.

Back