Vox Telstar Drum Kit Demo

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
There’s just no way I would take one of those to a gig. What if someone asked my why the bass drum is weird? “So it used to have two chambers back in the 60s, but now it’s just for looks.”
Come on now, you’re not even gonna have that conversation! It’ll be a pretty girl who says “it looks like a flat tire”, and she’ll either dig it or hate it. Trust me ???

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
On8 the kits with a single mounted tom (not like in the photo) there was another tom mount that held the snare drum. So there was no snare stand so nothing to get in the way of two feet.
View attachment 94362
This set just keeps getting crazier. I'd definitely give it a go. Still dont want to try to tune it.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I see these kits at a lot of the vintage drum fayres in the UK, same with the trixons. Always wanted to play the trixon conical shaped drums. Remember seeing old Gerry and the Pacemekers vids and their drummer used a Trixon.

As for that bass drum, it was a silly idea then and to bring it back and charge £2k for it is just as silly. Was it designed for someone with a really long band name?

No Way Jose

Silver Member
I think it sounds like my bop kit (which didn't cost that much money).

you could be right, but they’re not having good luck when you think about it. Like everybody else due to the shutdown. They could be Tama’s 11” toms but the shape of that bass drum is world-known. I’d love to get just the bass drum.
Bo, I remember those 11" tom tom days! That and the triangular lugs with "video pastel colors. "

s1212z

That hardware tho...

I didn't know Korg was a parent company of Vox, which made more sense when I read that Sakae Osaka Heritage overseen this project. I got to spend some time on this kit today, it's a fun set with a vibe for sure. That cymbal mount on the bass drum is pretty useless on positioning which is bummer, I use a cymbal/bass drum mount on my vintage kit and I like them alot. This one, if you want it closer then it has to be a much lower position! And they could of beefed up the hardware a bit too but has a more authentic vintage feel. Hi hats sound and play different on a lightweight stand for sure. So too pricy to buy but fun to borrow.