Vote for me!?????

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Hey, now you won't be able to vote until monday, but just to get the word out,

i'm in the final of a competirion called "the drums" ( so original) and you vote on the internet. Ten or so of us played a 40second piece. the competiton was only available to those under 18, just scraped it! it was recorded 6 months ago so looking back, i really hate watching myself, i don't know what i was playing, but at the time i was happy, so i am happy! The one thing that seperates me is that i play SOMEWHAT of a jazz beat at the end, but i really should have had some comping to make it sound complicated!

If you don't like it, then i suppose don't vote for me, but just please don't vote for someone else! :)
Really though, your support would be great, i would win a dwcollectors series 5piece kit....not bad eh? And it's signed by a famous drummer, but funny enough none of you would have heard of him or his band!

I will be giving you the link to vote on monday, again just saying it now to hopefully get some more views. It will be shown on RTE ( if anyone lives in ireland)

NOTE: If this should be posted in my playing, you can delete it or move it, sorry!

Last edited:

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
not that many people will be interested, voting does'nt start until the 7th of april....real bummer....

you will be seeing this thread again soon with a link!

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Well heres the link....http://www.rte.ie/tv/twotube/thedrums/

I would love it if you voted for Bryan Curtis!

I am only posting this because i have been coming on here everyday for about a year and a half now, and i think i have gotten to know a few of you! Especially people like Stan and Matt Smith have helped me with a few things aswell. I would feel a bit awkward posting on other forums that I'm joined to! If you don't like my playing, then by all means don't vote, but I would really appreciate it.

And aswell, although critisism is welcome, this was recorded 7 months ago, and I am not happy with my playing or what i was like back then, believe me by now I know EVERYTHING that went wrong! specially some of the simplistic fills, anyway, for those of you who vote for me, thank you so much!

Oh yes, and it's one vote per computer
Bryan

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
I voted for ya man. Support the cause! (yeah....the cause of drumming)
thanks man! Even though the drumming is'nt really high caliber....we were all under 18! Long way to go.

I understand a few of you might think it's a bit ****** ( random swear word) to start a thread about this, but i figured since this is a drumming forum...

DanFo

thanks man! Even though the drumming is'nt really high caliber....we were all under 18! Long way to go.

I understand a few of you might think it's a bit ****** ( random swear word) to start a thread about this, but i figured since this is a drumming forum...
It sounded like a cool competition. I'm 18 myself so I can respect all the talent, and just the sheer will to go up and get something like that recorded. I give respect where it's due hahaha

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Thanks for all the votes, I am well aware that I did'nt have the best solo!

It's pretty cool that the winner is announced on monday i think, and you get the kit at your doorstep on wednesday, sweet prize for a competition with pretty low standards!

Nick G.

Hey, now you won't be able to vote until monday, but just to get the word out,

i'm in the final of a competirion called "the drums" ( so original) and you vote on the internet. Ten or so of us played a 40second piece. the competiton was only available to those under 18, just scraped it! it was recorded 6 months ago so looking back, i really hate watching myself, i don't know what i was playing, but at the time i was happy, so i am happy! The one thing that seperates me is that i play SOMEWHAT of a jazz beat at the end, but i really should have had some comping to make it sound complicated!

If you don't like it, then i suppose don't vote for me, but just please don't vote for someone else! :)
Really though, your support would be great, i would win a dwcollectors series 5piece kit....not bad eh? And it's signed by a famous drummer, but funny enough none of you would have heard of him or his band!

I will be giving you the link to vote on monday, again just saying it now to hopefully get some more views. It will be shown on RTE ( if anyone lives in ireland)

NOTE: If this should be posted in my playing, you can delete it or move it, sorry!
i liked yuor stuff so i voted :D

ps. i know the script and loves glenns drummin :)
and i live in the uk :p