Vistalite concert tom set - a good deal?

Mustion

Given that there is much there that is likely non-original, I guess it would depend on what you wanted out of it. I like restoring things, but the only way I'd take that on as a restoration project would be if they were either blue or amber, and I wouldn't want them as concert toms - I'd want standard toms with bottom heads.
If it were less than half the price I'd consider it. It would strictly be a working kit, not a restoration project, although I would at least want legit and intact Vista shells. I would probably modernize the tom mounts, FT legs, and spurs anyway. I wouldn't even use the 13" so the non-matching lugs is a moot point.

It just doesn't sit right how what the seller states is not what the buyer sees even via the shoddy photos. And that dungeon basement vibe doesn't really inspire one to go there to inspect and talk down the price based on that discrepancy!

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Seller says:

"ON EBAY THIS IS MUCH MORE MONEY SOME GOING FOR 1500 CURRENTLY."

Something else that eBay will show you: These drums draw chicks like flies.

GeeDeeEmm

Mustion

Yeah, that's the first item that comes up when one searches for Vistalite...

The thing about that listing is the seller claims to be the original owner of these 45-year old drums, which makes me wonder what his relationship is to the, ahem, salesgirl...