VIP Pedal from Sweden RIP OFF

Papupapu

Hello, guys!

Back in november 2015 i preordered the VIP Longboard Pedals, they costed 749 euros. Chris Wirtl is (was?) the company's owner and he attended my emails personally.

It's August 2018 and this is the last email i've received:

"Hi Diego,

I hope you are just great!
This is the mail I have sent to customers that have delayed orders. I wanted you to see it as well. Please email me back if you would like to ask anything!

Best wishes,
Chris

--------

Hi,

I hope everything is just great and that you had a great start in this new year!

This email should have been sent long time ago but I guess better late then never. There are two major points I would like to adress tied to your purchase and order.

Good news first!

Your order will be shipped soon and we will send out details pretty soon.

The other news is an explanation of how things gotten this way. The long wait, delays and hard to get in contact with me through email or Facebook.

And this is something I would like to tell you in discretion.

In 2015 I was diagnosed with cancer and this has made a huge impact on my life and how well I can handle normal life situation as well as my companies manufacturing.
Most of the parts and orders are done but it has been rather hard to balance it all and it´s been a rough time over the past year. I really would want you to know that if I could, I would have been handling this in a better way, if I look back.

Things are looking better this year though and we will keep on the manufacturing, no doubt about that.

I don’t want to write a too long of a mail but please get in contact with me via mail if you want. After all, I´m here to help you answering your questions.

And of course, I am really sorry for the wait and sometimes absence of answering back emails. I will do my best to restore some of the faith that resulted in buying one of our products.

With best wishes and thanks,
Chris Wirtl"

Did anyone else get ripped off? What can i do? I live in México and i don't know if there's any legal resource i could reach for to at least get my money back?

Thank you for reading guys!

Diego

lefty2

Platinum Member
Re: VIP Pedal from Sweden RIP OFF?

I don't have any answers, but he may be telling the truth. Your pedal could still show up. I hope it does.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Re: VIP Pedal from Sweden RIP OFF?

3 years later and you still don't have them? That order would have been cancelled about 6 months later if not sooner had it been me. They look like Axis or Trick, you could have those in 2 weeks or quicker.

I get his e-mail that he has had health issues but 3 years to deliver a product is pretty bad.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Look at TRICK, basically the same recipe, with the TRICK having a better connecting shaft.

3 years is patience dude! Or, something else... that we don't need to talk about.

Did you use PayPal?