Vintage vinyl album collection

SomeBadDrummer

Years ago I sold about 85 vinyl albums going back to the early 50’s through late 80’s of mostly hard rock, metal, fusion and jazz, with a few country and pop albums as well as some rap and crossover stuff plus some great marching band competitive stuff. I didn’t want to sell them 😩 but needed the cash more than the records at the time to cover an auto repair when the kids were young. Plus my second child saw my collection of Iron Maiden albums and go really frightened from the covers so I didn’t want to scar her psychologically:ROFLMAO:. So I really lament for the original Woodstock or my entire AC⚡DC collection😭😭

I have collected a few vintage albums since then, here it is with an introduction to my pal Ledy who was gifted to me from a doctor for whom I sold a property. He’s one of the best friends one could ask for; never complains, quiet as a corpse, and eats almost nothing.
Please share your vinyl collection if you want

EDIT: please feel free to include Media such pho, videos, or sound files of your most cherished!:)🎼🥁

Last edited:

mikyok

Platinum Member
I have about 300 vinyls. I'm a bit of a collector.

I have a Beatles collection that's worth a bit including all the early albums that weren't released across the pond including a lot of first pressings. My mono White Album is the crowning jewel as it's a first press with a low serial number and has the poster and photo prints but my mono Revolver & Beatles for Sale are my personal faves.

Got a full Zep collection and tons of Deep Purple as well as a lot of prog, rock and 80s metal. I'm adding to my 90s indie collection. My wife got me Travis The Man Who as a xmas present last year and I love it.

If you don't already know check discogs if you're collecting any kind of music.

Al Strange

All my vinyls are in the loft, and given the summer we’ve had I dread to think what state they’re in! 😖 I’m thinking of framing my favourites to hang on the wall as I no longer have a turntable. Got some rare Whitesnake picture discs I’m particularly fond of, including a limited edition white vinyl Snakebite ep from 1978 featuring their version of “Ain’t no love in the heart of the city”…:)(y)

yammyfan

I've got about 400 LPs in my collection. My favourite is a half-speed mastered "audiophile" copy of Supertramp's Crime of the Century. I've also got an amazing 180 gram pressing of Brubeck's Time Out that is spellbinding to listen to.

someguy01

I have a very large collection, sourced from my grandparents, parents, and vintage shops. My personal favourite is an Ella Fitzgerald record (title escapes me atm) that I got from my great aunt. It's a beautiful condition opera house pressing (no breaks).
Next would be the complete collection of Beatles albums my mother bought new upon release.
And the Star Wars album, because, John Williams.

harryconway

Platinum Member
I had about 2000 albums. Around 2011, I got rid of them all. Moving crates of albums lost all of it's charm;) Now, I've got about 2000 CD's ..... Oh joy !!!!! Another dead format !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wraub

I have a fair amount of vinyl but need a new stylus/cartridge to really enjoy... I do enjoy a good turntable. :)

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I've still got maybe 800-1,000 LPs, including fun/rare stuff like Thick As A Brick with the foldout newspaper, Magical Mystery Tour with booklet, Satanic Majesties Request with lenticular cover, Wind In The Willows (pre-Blondie Deborah Harry,) Sky (pre-Knack Doug Fieger,) SKA! (Vee Jay,) classic picture discs (Elvis Costello, Sgt Pepper, etc,) original Gene Krupa albums, Monkees, Turtles...

I can probably get $20 for all of it! :)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I have all of the Rush albums, except for Clockwork Angels, that were released on vinyl

I have quite a few picture disks from the 80's from Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax...

and have a few random ones from other 80s rock and metal staples, but I mostly bought cassettes back then, and most of those are hosed

I do have about 5000 or so CD's, all sitting in plastic bins in storage now since selling my house...

we have a bunch of clay 78 discs from my grandparents Victrola, and the Victrola itself at my parents house. Dad has a ton of original Dukes of Dixieland, Krupa, Benny Goodman stuff, as well has all of his jazz stuff from the 50's and 60's...I am pretty sure I will inherit that stuff in the future

SomeBadDrummer

I've still got maybe 800-1,000 LPs, including fun/rare stuff like Thick As A Brick with the foldout newspaper, Magical Mystery Tour with booklet, Satanic Majesties Request with lenticular cover, Wind In The Willows (pre-Blondie Deborah Harry,) Sky (pre-Knack Doug Fieger,) SKA! (Vee Jay,) classic picture discs (Elvis Costello, Sgt Pepper, etc,) original Gene Krupa albums, Monkees, Turtles...

I can probably get $20 for all of it! :)
SOLD!!
:) 👍o_O

blinky

Love vinyl, own hundreds of them. 99.99% are british prog from 1968 to 1977, Tull, Vdgg, King Crimson, ELP, The Nice, Gentle Giant etc. Then some from other countries: Pfm, Kansas, Rush. The format is so much nicer with foldout covers, inner sleeves, and booklets.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
The format is so much nicer with foldout covers, inner sleeves, and booklets.
Yep, the physicality goes beyond just the LP itself. Even with the renewed interest in vinyl, I don't think the 'kids' get a real sense of the art & experience unless they get hold of an original product with foldouts & inserts.

Rochelle Rochelle

I have several hundred records, mostly 70s-present rock and pop, and I started collecting them in about 2007 or so. Prices were a lot better then. I used to go to Half Price Books and find tons of great stuff for a few bucks a piece. Now new stuff is over $30 and used stuff at HPB is $15 for 80s albums that had millions pressed.

I use Discogs to catalog my collection and to watch prices of things I want.

Here's my collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/amusser