Vintage Pearl MX1982 value/quality?

mpthomson

Yes, that's what I was saying in my earlier post. Deep toms are hard to angle properly and those dreadful pipe arms make it even harder.

Never found it an issue and still don't. I'm only 6ft and play a Sonor Phonic Plus 22" BD with the square toms, and basically the same tom mount design.

Lennytoons

As soon as you cut down the power toms you'll start getting ads from Sweetwater and DCP that say "POWER TOMS ARE BACK". And, they will come back at some point if for no other reason but they sound great. I've got a Pearl kit with 12 x 10 and 10 x 10 mounted toms and I love them. No issues mounting them at all. I don't know Denmark currency but $350 for those drums if they are in good shape is a great price.

yammyfan

Never found it an issue and still don't. I'm only 6ft and play a Sonor Phonic Plus 22" BD with the square toms, and basically the same tom mount design.
6ft tall is well above average so you should have no problem reaching deep toms. Regardless, I'm glad it's working out for you. Sonor makes nice drums.