Vintage (52) Gretsch info?

Tom E

Hello All,
I have an orphaned tom which I will be listing soon and wonder if I could gather any additional info from you Gretsch guys as I of course want to be as accurate as possible when go to sell it. The stamp appears to be 1952 , it has top and bottom "single pad" mufflers, the interior is clear and I believe is a 3-ply maple shell which points to early 50's as well. The stick chopper rims are chromed but "not" magnetic so I assume they are chrome over nickel as the 1948 and 1954 brochures (at drumarchive.com...thank you varatrodder!!) mention chromed nickel but no COB. They finish ply looks like a slightly darkened Sky Blue Pearl but the brochures only mention Midnight Blue Pearl which I would think is darker but I could not find any clear picks of that finish. So, I think what I have is a 13x9, 52 Broadkaster tom in Midnight Blue Pearl with CON rims?
Any expertise/confirmation would certainly be appreciated.....Thanks Tom E.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5373.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5373.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • thumbnail_IMG_5375.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5375.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5390.PNG
    IMG_5390.PNG
    984.8 KB · Views: 1
  • thumbnail_IMG_5381.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5381.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1
I think you have all you need to know (sometimes a buyer looking for that specific piece will know more about it than you will !)
But I think you have everything correct close enough.
~
there's two "Downbeat" (magazine) Gretsch catalog "supplements" one dated
October 6, 1954 and one dated
October 5, 1955 (31) pages each.
I have them both) and there's no more in there than what you already know, to begin your Sale ad. GL
and your detail pictures- the mount/style, the muffler/style, tell all a potential buyer needs +/- to know ; )

I think you have all you need to know (sometimes a buyer looking for that specific piece will know more about it than you will !)
But I think you have everything correct close enough.
~
there's two "Downbeat" (magazine) Gretsch catalog "supplements" one dated
October 6, 1954 and one dated
October 5, 1955 (31) pages each.
I have them both) and there's no more in there than what you already know, to begin your Sale ad. GL
and your detail pictures- the mount/style, the muffler/style, tell all a potential buyer needs +/- to know ; )
Thank you JDA!

Reactions: jda
Back