Vinnie + Ludwig... it's official!

Ludwig just hit the jackpot.

I just saw this, too.

So what was up with the story about Vinnie no longer doing endorsements?

It's funny, but for the first few months I had no idea who this "Vinnie" guy is that I heard mentioned here and there. I was thinking...can all these people be that crazy about Vinnie Paul? I'm still not familiar with this Vinnie C's body of work. I'm sure I've probably heard his playing, but didn't know this guy is some drummer icon.

Now, a few questions.

1. Will Vinnie wait for months on end for the delivery of his kit?
2. Once Vinnie recieves that kit will the maple plies start separating?
3. Will the butt plate on Vinnie's Black Beauty be set so low that he can't crank his reso head?
4. Will Vinnie actually be able to contact anyone at the company or will all his calls also go unanswered?

I jest, I jest!! I was secretly hoping this "marriage made in heaven" would come into fruition.....if for no other reason than to keep us talking about Ludwig for a bit longer. As a Luddy-o-phile from birth, this is an excellent pick up for them. Hopefully it may kick them into gear on raising the bar for the rank and file as well.

Now, a few questions.

3. Will the butt plate on Vinnie's Black Beauty be set so low that he can't crank his reso head?
4. Will Vinnie actually be able to contact anyone at the company or will all his calls also go unanswered?
Too funny! I started typing something similar but decided against it. Yours came off way better anyway!

It's funny, but for the first few months I had no idea who this "Vinnie" guy is that I heard mentioned here and there. I was thinking...can all these people be that crazy about Vinnie Paul? I'm still not familiar with this Vinnie C's body of work. I'm sure I've probably heard his playing, but didn't know this guy is some drummer icon.

Vinnie Colaiuta laid the ground work for a lot of the drummers you hear today

he has recorded and toured with everyone from Zappa, Sting, Barbara Striesand, Joni Mitchell, Barry Manalow, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Boyz II Men.......to Megadeth

and pretty much everyone in between for the past 35 years

he is one of the best and most recorded players to ever pick up drum sticks

so yeah...you can call him "some drummer icon"

:)

Good response Pocket.

We just had a lesson last week and Mike Johnson (Drum Tutor) and Dante Roberson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4fClXa8HY) awesome gospel drummer and when they were asked to nominate the drummer who they would most like to sit and watch at a gig they both said Vinnie.

Davo

Vinnie pretty much gave birth to that whole gospel style

Aaron Spears, Eric Moore, Marvin McQuitty, John Blackwell, Chris Coleman, Thomas Pridgen, even Jeff "Lo" Davis.....etc etc.....they all credit Vinnie with bringing that linear flowing filling in the gaps with kicks style

and rightfully so...Vinnie was blasting out those licks on pop records when most of these guys were in diapers or not even born

Clever move by Ludwig. Vinnie could not resist the temptation...and now going for Paiste Giant Beats & 2002's!

Is it me or do those look like Paiste Cymbals in the pic also...

They clearly are.

Now, a few questions.

hahaha,.......too funny. Good one Pocket!

I knew it.Big score for Ludwig.I'm sure that even before his break with Gretsch,that he was being courted by Ludwig,and DW et al just to name a few.I'm sure he got a sweet deal,and i'm hoping Conn/Selmer(Ludwigs parent company) lets Ludwig do what they have to do.I'm cautiously optimistic right now.The unholy alliance between the two companys has in the past produced some major F ups.

A new line of hardware...a Club Date reissue and now one of the best and most recognized players on the planet as an endorser.Somebody's getting a nice bonus this year.

I see in my crystal ball............a possible VC artist or custom series of Paiste's in the very near future,as well as a Ludwig VC custom drum kit.I also see a lot of smiling faces,and bulging pockets.

Well done Ludwig.......now hire some more people,increase your QC and customer service with an 800 number factory direct,and reduce the wait times for kits ,and everyboby in the biz will be saying......what the F just happened.It will be like the 60's again....with nearly everybody playing Ludwig,and new players asking........who's DW?

Steve B

Eugh.. Why Ludwig and Paiste all of a sudden? I don't understand. Is he going through some kind of period? Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I haven't played a Ludwig kit and Paiste cymbal I've liked(except the 2002 ride).

Meh, I'll always be a Gretsch fanboy I guess..

Back