Vinnie + Ludwig... it's official!

Davo-London

Gold Member
Actually why bother with endorsement at all?

Surely Vinnie would welcome the opportunity to play whatever he wants whenever he wants?

Or it would be really refreshing to have an endorsement with a custom builder.

Just a thought.

Davo

Thaard

Platinum Member
Actually why bother with endorsement at all?

Surely Vinnie would welcome the opportunity to play whatever he wants whenever he wants?

Just a thought.

Davo
He should just make his own drum and cymbal company. I'd buy it!

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Davo-London said:
That would be great but unfortunately what Vinnie really needs is guaranteed logistical support at the drop of a hat. If a player is flying all over the World to play gigs (as Vinnie does) then the most he can take is probably a cymbal bag and a snare drum. I doubt Vinnie takes much more than a practice pad and a stick bag. As a result, he needs a company to guarantee that a kit will be available anywhere he might tour.

Obviously, Ludwig are offering him that, as are Paiste. A custom builder simply cannot offer that.

Given that Ludwig are trying to re-launch their brand to the centre stage in the last few years, I'd imagine that they would give Vinnie almost anything he wants. Although it's very uncommon for money to change hands these days, I think Vinnie would be one of the few artists that companies would actively pay to keep on their roster - although the details of the deal are only between Vinnie, his management and Ludwig.

I would love to see Vinnie playing a kit from a custom company. This isn't possible, however and Ludwig are probably able to give him almost anything custom he wants in almost any country, within reason. Smaller companies simply cannot do that.