Vinnie Colaiuta

Black page

Cant deny his technical perfection, and he is technically perfect but it all leaves me wanting I'm afraid...it's just to perfect, almost soul less..dare I say....Weckle too...guess I just don't like hyper accurate technical drumming. Give me a solid back beat that doesn't go anywhere and Im happy.

Vinnie is one my hero's so be careful. ?. Just kiddin... He's my hero, but when you analyze Vinnie's playing with Zappa, Joni, Sting, Karizma, Herbie en Jeff Beck you can merely conclude that his playing is not perfect and has evolved over the years. When he started with Sting his playing was on steroids. Highly accurate? I analyzed his timing with software and it is not perfect. I read lot of times that his timing is perfect. He can play very accurately along with a click. But without one his time fluctuate like any human being ?. With Karizma I thought he was overplaying it and it was of an insane level of virtuosity at the same time. But the way he played for the song with Sting during the Ten Summoners tales tour was mind blowing. Amazing pocket and tasty fills.

Al Strange

Vinnie is one my hero's so be careful. ?. Just kiddin... He's my hero, but when you analyze Vinnie's playing with Zappa, Joni, Sting, Karizma, Herbie en Jeff Beck you can merely conclude that his playing is not perfect and has evolved over the years. When he started with Sting his playing was on steroids. Highly accurate? I analyzed his timing with software and it is not perfect. I read lot of times that his timing is perfect. He can play very accurately along with a click. But without one his time fluctuate like any human being ?. With Karizma I thought he was overplaying it and it was of an insane level of virtuosity at the same time. But the way he played for the song with Sting during the Ten Summoners tales tour was mind blowing. Amazing pocket and tasty fills.
Dude, you don’t need to justify, argue, defend, or explain Vinnie...Vinnie is Vinnie! A master! :) (y)

Hewitt2

This album is unfortunately under the radar but there are some really heavyweights on this proggy outing.

This was all captured live on the floor and Vinnie is so tasteful in his ability to push and pull without forcing anything. A masterclass in playing for the song but showing how a drummer can drive the band.

This album is unfortunately under the radar but there are some really heavyweights on this proggy outing.
A lovely song, and I'm going to absolutely check out the rest of the album. But you're so right about how under the radar it is: they don't even have a wiki page, or dedicated band website.

Hewitt2

A lovely song, and I'm going to absolutely check out the rest of the album. But you're so right about how under the radar it is: they don't even have a wiki page, or dedicated band website.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. The rest of the album is really good too, but how can't it be when you've got Derek Sherinian, Ric Fierabracci, Ginny Luke et al playing together! :)

spelman

Vinnie is using the Paiste Alex Van Halen 24" ride in this new Chick Corea video!

Bozozoid

He effortlessly handled Zappas audition when they were scarey. I've heard him play some mind blowing complicated things then play simpler things with Faith Hill that were just beautiful yet with a thumbprint unique only to him. You just shake your head thinking genius.

Bozozoid

Spelman...thanks a bunch! for finding the clip of vinnie using the Alex 24...it just cements my decision on getting the giant beat 24. What a cool find!.