Vinnie Colaiuta transcription article in the March MD

Terry Branam

Official DW Chief Transcriber
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to let you all know that Modern Drummer is running a crazy Vinnie Colaiuta transcription (with lesson) that I recently did.

It's from guitarist Oz Noy's latest album "Fuzzy" on a tune called "Evidence".

MD put the first half of it in the mag and the complete version in the MD Wire newsletter.

I hope you all dig it, 'cause it was REALLY tough to do!!!

Terry

You definitely have the ears for it Terry. That stuff takes a while to do with massive rewinding of little bits & pieces. With that though I'm sure that you can fire out all those licks!

Definitely on my list of stuff-to-check out, Terry.

Thank again for transcribing DC for me a while back. You have no idea how much I appreciated that. Will let you know how this cookie crumbles.

So the new MD arrives in the mail and I'm checking it out....Not alot of stuff on drummers that I'm into and out of no where Bingo....Terry B strikes again with an awesome Vinnie transcription....

You are killin it...I just started on your flam grooves and already more stuff....slow down man!

Seriously though I hope to work with my instructor on it....I know Frank would be into it....You're doing an incredible job sharing your knowledge with very informative articles.

Keep em commin :)

I just got the new issue in the mail yesterday and I subscribe to MD online as well. I'm highly impressed, I couldn't possibly imagine trying to transcribe the whirlwind of technical ability that the track is. Vinnie is just insane. Thanks for the sweet transcription, hopefully if I practice I'll be able to play some of it..... hopefully lol.

Vinnie is just insane. Thanks for the sweet transcription, hopefully if I practice I'll be able to play some of it..... hopefully lol.

The great thing about working off transcriptions like these, is that even if you can play like Vinnie does, you can at least get a glimpse of how Vinnie thinks.

Thanks guys,

The encouraging words mean a lot.

aydee, you're welcome on the DC thing. It was fun to do.

Bill, thanks a lot man! It's so cool hearing from you. We have to hook up and play some grids!!

LinearDrummer,

Hope those flam grooves are going well for you. That kind of stuff helps me get my "Garibaldi" on!

stasz,

Thanks and good luck with the transcription. It is a bear!!

Back