Video Software Recommendation...

Mongrel

Silver Member
Hopefully OK to ask this in "General"...didn't seem right to put it in "Your Playing" or "Off topic".

Total video newb looking for a basic video editing program for Windows so that I can edit Canon DSLR .MOV drum covers.

Doesn't have to be free, but under $50 would be appreciated.

Also-the less bells and whistles to trip me up-the better. Looking for a way to snip off beginnings and fade out endings. Add or rather, replace the audio track with a wav or mp3 file from Audacity. Don't need no weird transition effects etc. saw enough of that as a kid...lol.

THANKS in advance.

Confession: no, I did not "do a search"....feeling a little lazy today.

danondrums

I've used a few of them and I've found that Garmin's VIRB Edit works really well and it's free.
I have a GoPro and never liked the free GoPro software but the Garmin one is actually pretty good to my surprise and works with any video file format that I've tried.

I made this video with it:

It's really easy at cutting/trimming and also adding text.
You can overdub audio, but I've never tried to perfectly sync up video with audio recorded separately (yet).

Mongrel

Silver Member
I've used a few of them and I've found that Garmin's VIRB Edit works really well and it's free.
I have a GoPro and never liked the free GoPro software but the Garmin one is actually pretty good to my surprise and works with any video file format that I've tried.

I made this video with it:

It's really easy at cutting/trimming and also adding text.
You can overdub audio, but I've never tried to perfectly sync up video with audio recorded separately (yet).
THANKS Dan.

I will be checking it out shortly....