Video of my Jazz Playing

Good stuff....

You were all over that little kit....I'm just starting to listen to a some swing...but it seems kinda wierd seein Jazz played match grip...have you always done that?

Dear YAMAHA DRUMMER,

Thanks for your nice comments and suport!

Dear LinearDrummer,

Thanks!

LinearDrummer said:
Good stuff....

You were all over that little kit....I'm just starting to listen to a some swing...but it seems kinda wierd seein Jazz played match grip...have you always done that?

Answer: Yes

Best regards,

Alex Sanguinetti (Munich, Germany)
http://www.alexsanguinetti.com

LinearDrummer said:
Good stuff....

I play matched grip when I'm playing jazz.
I don't see how its weird besides the fact that its maybe not the usual way of doing it but as long as you can still play it properly, I don't see whats wrong with it.

Nice playing though.
Good job.

Hey Alex, GREAT Playing !!!

Very technical yet melodic, reminded me of Max Roach, which is not a bad thing !!!

Keep up the brilliant work...

-a

do you still play with a leopard ride? it really sounds like it. I use one too, if you check out the thread just put up called something like, 'my band on ny's eve' you can hear it. I really love that ride, it's like no other. it's super dry, but really full of a powerful wash when it get's going, very unique.

Dude, checked out your myspace - incredible stuff! I also read you played with Joe Lovano - how was that?
Loving your soloing and the textures your using from all of your kit. Great stuff.

Hi, Guys!

Thank you all for the very nice comments, I'll try to answer all of you in the same order you wrote me:

* Dear Ytsejammer,

I still have the 18 Leopard Crash but don't use it lately. My main ride at the moment is a 20 Sabian Raw Ride AA, my second ride fluctuates between a 20 Sabian Legacy and a 20 Manhattan Ride HHX, depending on how they sound to me in the specific room I'm playing,

* Dear bballdrummer34,

Yes, the trombone player is Conrad.

* Dear foursticks,

Playing with Joe was incredible. It was circa 1992-3 during a whole week in Chile. He has great understanding of rhythm, awesome sound and on top is a very friendly guy.

Once again, thanks to you all: Dr Drums, Tidge, bballdrummer34, Ytsejammer and foursticks.

Last edited:
Dear Guys,

Thanks for your words!

* Dear bballdrummer34,

I already added you, warm regards!

* Dear GRUNTERSDAD (from Florida's Left Coast),

I'm a fan of Florida, and have been there a number of times. Last was in 2004, in Tampa, where I have a lot of friends. Great place! I bought my first proffesional set of cymbals when I was 15 (1973-4) in Coral Gables, will never forget!

Once again: Jazz, aydee, GRUNTERSDAD and bballdrummer34 many thanks!

JasonTrioSmall2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Alex, you sound real good. I play matched grip too. You know your stuff man.
I'd like to ask you a question if you don't mind. There's been a discussion on another thread about what records should be recommended to a drummer who wants to learn about jazz drumming.
What records would you recommend to such a person, and what, if any, record do you remember helping you the most when you were just taking up the study of jazz drumming?

Back