very early christmas planning!

MediocrityMaster

well my mom said that i could get some equipment for christmas.

she said i could only get stuff that would help in my advancing in drumming. i can only think of a double pedal set that would help me advance, i'm trying to keep the price low because they bought the set for me last year..

but i was looking at the Gibraltar Avenger pedals:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar-Avenger-Double-Pedal-490046-i1324633.gc

my teacher has a set of these that we use for lessons and i think they're pretty nice.

but i was also looking at the DW 2000s. but i havnt played on these because my local GC dosnt carry them.

but i also want a new snare but im unsure whether i should get the snare or the pedals.

i'm buying a set of beats by Dr. Dre - which are really nice in my opinion - with my own money, and depending if i can find a job for a 15 1/2 year old i might be able to get more stuff.

If you can only get one, then I would strongly suggest double bass pedals!! They give you loads of more stuff to learn, unlike a snare drum which simply sounds better (but ohhhhh so much better!!! :p). I thought learning double bass was good fun, I'm still going myself!! On the brands I can't really help you, I have a set of Pearl P-902 pedals, and although they're decent enough, they're a bit lower class than the ones you listed. But for the choice... Pedals any day of the week! Hope this helps! :)

The thing with the pedals is and I really didn't wan't to be that person to start and say "Try every pedal out there and don't go for the cheapest unless it feels better than anything else." because that's always true. Used is always an option for hardware, you can usually find it for a lot cheaper than retail. You can find DW 9000 double pedals for around $250-$350 in very decent condition.

she said i could only get stuff that would help in my advancing in drumming. i can only think of a double pedal set.........

.................but i also want a new snare but im unsure whether i should get the snare or the pedals.

Hang about......before I just start randomly throwing any old answer out there, what pedal do you currently use and what snare drum is it?

If your pedal is broken or malfunctioning then sure, give some serious thought to upgrading. But if the bass drum goes "thump' when you put your foot on the pedal, then it's working as it should. However, the snare is one of the most prominant voices on your kit.....a good snare sound is defining.

This is worth careful consideration. Ask yourself, what do you NEED more? Will you benefit more from a new pedal or will upgrading your snare give you a more desirable sound?

Remember, buying new pedals or snares will not automatically make you a better player....only time and practice can do that. Get the one you think you need more and save your coin for the other.

Back