VELOC One-Trip Drum Transport System

IBitePrettyHard

It's impressive and I applaud them for making it, but I wonder who this is actually for. $1600 for cases is not an easy sell for most drummers.

NouveauCliche

It's impressive and I applaud them for making it, but I wonder who this is actually for. $1600 for cases is not an easy sell for most drummers.

I'd be on board in a second if they made different sizes - including a cymbal case too small for my 23" rides :-(

I'm hoping they expand the lineup as they get some sales on this version.

John Q. Drummer

Looks like a neat idea honestly. It appears to be attempting an elegant solution to the age old dilemma of drum gear transportation from your vehicle to the stage. I clicked around on the website, and it answers a few questions but brings up many more.

I wonder how it handles stairs? I'm still a fairly spritely fella, but I can't imagine having to pull that full loaded dolly up a flight or two of stairs. Probably wouldn't use it in that situation I guess.

I believe I read that these drum bags have a hard bottom, which is a huge plus. I've gone through 2 Ahead bass drum bags because on a few of my kits, the bass drum claw tension rods stick out from the edge of the hoop, so the entire weight of the bass drum is now resting on those 8 or 10 little points. And that's exactly wear the Ahead bags wear out. Seriously frustrating.

Seems super cost prohibitive from the outside, but maybe there is something to this system that the videos or website isn't fully showing or explaining. (Although, if you dig around, everything this company produces is kind of on the expensive side IMO.)

Ultimately, I applaud their effort and will be waiting to see some real customer reviews. Not that I'm in the market for something like this.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Rock and roller cart and a rolling hardware bag is what I use. Same 1 trip, but 1300 less.

It's just too much.

Woolwich

Silver Member
He could have driven right up to that warehouse!

Seriously though, an intriguing design but with limited appeal so possibly hence the price tag.
Only people who play venues with large access doors, no steps, ramps etc would be able to use it. I'm thinking hotel and conference centre gigs. And that being the case then the Rock And Roller Cart provides the same endpoint but for £1300 less.
I've sat and wracked my brain trying to think of which pubs and clubs I've played in where I could use one, and in my circumstances there isn't a single venue.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Looks like it could be potentially dangerous for short people. Cant see over it, the angle for curb hopping looks pretty steep already. It also looks like stacking the bags on the cart might be problematic if you arent tall enough.