Vater Session sticks

Ruok

Silver Member
So i landed on the Vater 5B Sugar Maple stick and used that for quite a while too. Then i wanted a heavier stick, so went back to hickory 5B and eventually a 2B early 2019. Flash forward towards February of this year; noticed that the 2B and 5B sticks chocked too much resonance out of my drums (maybe also because of my wrist technique). Still had a couple of Vater maple 5B's lying around, took them to rehearsal and then everything clicked in place. I loved the feel again, my drums sang again and also the sound on the hats and ride was just the sound. Last Friday i tried out Wincent maple 5B's and when i switched back to the Vater sticks i knew that these are the ones. Going to order a bunch soon again!
I'm with ya! I've been playing the Vater 5B Maples a lot lately too and loving it. I switch a lot between those and the Vater 5A Maples. Actually, I couldn't make up my mind which ones to use the other day, so I compromised. 5A in the right hand and the 5B in the left. 🤓

wraub

I've been using the Vater 5B hickory ones I got recently, and, I like them a lot. They definitely feel different from the Session sticks I was using, but I think these may even be a better fit for my hands (and for whatever I have that I can call a style).

I have sticks from a couple other brands that are just sitting gathering dust...

No response as yet from Vater re: the original question.

I'm with ya! I've been playing the Vater 5B Maples a lot lately too and loving it. I switch a lot between those and the Vater 5A Maples. Actually, I couldn't make up my mind which ones to use the other day, so I compromised. 5A in the right hand and the 5B in the left. 🤓