Various Shots from a month of touring

NouveauCliche

Been a wild month actually playing shows (what a statement) and workshops.

We played in New Mexico, Utah, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. Several fantastic shows - including the first and only '21 act in the $14million dollar renovated Alberta Bair Theater, the first show since the 80s at the Cheyenne Frontier Museum (a venue played by Led Zeppelin, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, etc.), Sundance, and usually 2/3 workshops clinics per PAC performance.

All the venues had COVID safe restrictions on numbers - which allows me to say that they were nearly all "sold out" of the...reduced...numbers...haha. Several of the show were hybrid in person/ live streamed too : which is something that we'd heard being discussion in various arts alliance meetings over the past years - so interesting to see it actually put into place.

Good times for sure.

Attachments

• Cave.jpeg
    Cave.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 62
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6194.jpg
    IMG_6194.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6336(1).jpg
    IMG_6336(1).jpg
    691 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6564.JPG
    IMG_6564.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6573.JPG
    IMG_6573.JPG
    811.5 KB · Views: 58
  • SC.jpeg
    SC.jpeg
    763.9 KB · Views: 57
  • tbell.jpeg
    tbell.jpeg
    653 KB · Views: 63

beatdat

Those are some impressive venues!

How much is capacity being cut down there?

And what's the returning vibe like?

Square

Looks like fun. How's the Brooklyn keeping up?

NouveauCliche

Those are some impressive venues!

How much is capacity being cut down there?

And what's the returning vibe like?

It depended on the venue - but typically something like 30-50% capacity. Some of the spots were outside which was really nice because it much less of a concern there (though the outside venue still did this cool thing where they had clusters of seats spaced 6 feet apart and like boxed in with chalk squares in addition to a really huge grass area.

People were having a freaking blast - honestly the vibe at every show was amazing : The frontier museum was wild because it was a theater in the round thing - so there was people all around us which was a new experience for me.

People are stoked to see live music for sure.

NouveauCliche

Looks like fun. How's the Brooklyn keeping up?

Brooklyn's were great - it's the biggest set I've played with in a long time so I'm used to packing up a little 18",12", 14" thing...but now it's way different haha. So on the days where we had 2 workshops and a performance and they were all in separate places - those were brutal - but we traveled with our whole team (band, 2 media guys and 1 sound engineer) and they all helped...so that was really cool.

I am thinking about treating myself though and getting this:

The only issue is that the cymbal case only goes up to a 22" and my main ride is 23" haha.

Neal Pert

Man, does this make me want to get out and gig. I did a few rehearsals and a performance but the audience was all livestream.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

that is a great variety of venues!!

I am hoping that is what this summer ends up being for us!! We have 8 shows booked now...all outdoors. I do think people are really itching for live music, even if it is just background noise, like our gigs usually are

rhumbagirl

Veloc looks great if your trip has no stairs. Even curbs might be a challenge with all that weight - carries drums AND hardware!

Just sayin'!

Nice venues!!

NouveauCliche

Veloc looks great if your trip has no stairs. Even curbs might be a challenge with all that weight - carries drums AND hardware!

Just sayin'!

Nice venues!!

....I just realized that it only does a 16x14 floor tom.

WELL THERE GOES THAT THANKS A LOT GRUVGEAR I HAD MENTALLY PREPARED MYSELF FOR THE PRICE AND EVERYTHING.

oof. well $1700 worth crypto is fine too hahaha.

Last edited:

beatdat

....I just realized that it only does a 16x14 floor tom.

WELL THERE GOES THAT THANKS A LOT GRUVGEAR I HAD MENTALLY PREPARED MYSELF FOR THE PRICE AND EVERYTHING.

oof. well $1700 worth crypto is fine too hahaha.
Maybe you could squeeze it in and make it fit.

NouveauCliche

Maybe you could squeeze it in and make it fit.

It's a big "maybe" for $1700 haha. I'll actually reach out to them and see. The other problem is that their cymbal bag only goes to a 22" and my biggest ride is a 23".

All first world problems for sure haha.

NouveauCliche

Nice. What is the champagne sparkle kit? Gretsch or Slingerland?
The music is drums, horns and acoustic bass?

That was a lovely little Gretsch backline.

There's two versions of the band:

Trumpet
Bass
Drums

and

Trumpet
Bass
Drums
Rapper

So the tours usually kind of consist of a mixture of the two bands.

You can see it at https://ddatlive.com/