VAD506

dachin

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I'm really an acoustic drum kit kind of buy, though I've had electronic drums in the past and I recently decided to splurge a bit and got myself a Roland VAD506. I've just set it all up today, and I gotta say, it's pretty sweet. I know a lot of people don't think the pre-set kits / sounds are that great, etc, etc, but I really got this thing to augment my ability to practice (i.e. at home vs driving 20 miles to my band's studio), not play live or even record, though recording may change as I become more familiar with the module.

Anyways, on to my question. One thing that is kind of bothering me is how much the kick drum rocks up and down when playing it, especially when using a double kick. I've adjusted the spurs up and down to test it with the front of the kick mostly on the ground, a little bit off the ground and then a couple inches off the ground - it seems to be the same at all heights. I own plenty of standard acoustic base drums, and none of them do this. The pedal I'm using is an iron cobra double. The only think I can think of is that is has something to do with being setup on soft carpet as I've never had any of my acoustic drums setup in a bedroom before.

Anyone on here have a VAD kit and notice this about their bass drum?