Used Mapex Pro M vs New Mapex Pro M Snare

Emmaticus00

There is a 14x5.5 Perfectly new red lacquer Mapex Pro M snare for $80. I wouldn't get this for the price.

Then there is a 14x5 used blue to tan fade lacquer Mapex Pro M Snare for $65. The batter head needs replacing. I wouldn't get this for the color.

Which would you recommend that I get?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 494
get the the red one. red is a much faster colour. i also think the 2nd one is ...ugly.

more seriously, a 5.5 inches deep is also little more versatile than a 5 deep. I liek that depth and the red one is in far better condition.

Yes, one is ugly and either way I'm going to spend 80 dollars. I have $120 to spend on a new snare, potentionally two snare heads, and maybe a bass head.

Done, done, and done! Evans EC1 Reverse Dot head, Evans Hazy 300 head, and this red lacquer new maple snare. Its been a good night.

Done, done, and done! Evans EC1 Reverse Dot head, Evans Hazy 300 head, and this red lacquer new maple snare. Its been a good night.

Good choice and good choice of heads. One of my snares has the same heads. Enjoy that Mapex! Peace and goodwill.

Back