used Axis or new DW double pedal?

SGdrummer

I have a DW 7002PT and It was wearing out so I'm looking at new pedals for under about $300-350. I have always wanted an Axis double pedal but I also love DW pedals so im stuck in my decision making :p

What is wearing out on the DW? Can it be tuned up? New springs and such??

If you can get a used axis in good shape for under $350 i'd say get it. If you don't like it, you can more than likely sell it for what you paid, since it's already depreciated. My gues is though, that you'll never go back once you've dialed it in and get used to it.

I guess I could replace the parts that are wearing down, but I already found somebody to buy the DW. Im pretty set on an Axis pedal actually, even if I have to pay $400 for it.

The two pedals feel SO different, I'd argue that you should know whether or not you want the feel of the Axis or the DW's.

If I were you, I'd buy a used set of DW9000's. Direct drive just does not feel good to me.

The two pedals feel SO different, I'd argue that you should know whether or not you want the feel of the Axis or the DW's.

If I were you, I'd buy a used set of DW9000's. Direct drive just does not feel good to me.

However it might feel good to him. What he really should do is head to a shop and try them side by side to see which is best for his feet and playing style ;-) I'd also argue if you are looking direct drive to look into the yamaha direct drive pedals many many guys on here that have them that are very happy with them. Considering trying one for myself.

However it might feel good to him. What he really should do is head to a shop and try them side by side to see which is best for his feet and playing style ;-) I'd also argue if you are looking direct drive to look into the yamaha direct drive pedals many many guys on here that have them that are very happy with them. Considering trying one for myself.

I agree, go check out the feel of both. I have a DW 9000 and my buddy has a Axis Long board. I really like both pedals and if I wouldn't have got a great deal on my DW, I would have went with Axis, it is a great pedal, but a different feel. Again, your best bet is to go compare the two, good luck!!

I believe that no matter what you go with, as long as they aren't the pedals you are presently using...you'll need to get re-acquainted with them to some extent.

It's the amount of discipline you put into practicing with them that will make whatever you purchase faster/smoother/better than what you already use.

***Additionally, whether you go with Axis or a higher end set of DW, you'll be fine.****

So how does a direct drive differ from chain drive, is it more responsive or does that depend on your adjustments to it?

xoxo

So how does a direct drive differ from chain drive, is it more responsive or does that depend on your adjustments to it?

xoxo

It's just a different feel, kind of hard to explain (at least for me it's hard to explain)

well coming from a guy that owns a yammie direct, direct drives feel lighter and faster and a heck of a lot more responsive the foot board seems to stick to the bottom of your foot. its definitly a different feel, it took me about a month to get used to it, but now id never switch back to chain drive.

I play a single chain drive Sonor that is an antique now on the church kit...it's like driving someone else's car (which is rediculously lower in performance)...or swinging someone else's crappier set of golf clubs. The same effects (for the most part) can be done, just not as easily or with the same dynamic and/or power

Back