UPS question

I've got a 4 piece shipment (drum kit) being handled by UPS that is in the main Pittsburgh facility since Friday early morning. One piece is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (MON the 3rd) but the other 3 are scheduled for delivery on TUES. I get the whole holiday yada yada but why wouldn't they deliver them all tomorrow? They're all in the same building!

I'm only taking a guess at this, but perhaps it's because of projected available space on the truck? I know, it really doesn't make any sense to me either as this has happened to me in the past with some things. I'm between Harrisburg and Philly (much closer to Harrisburg though) and they do some weird sh*t here, also.

With all shipping I've learned that "it is what it is". If they're close to you, you could go pick them all up personally. I've done that with FedEx before, but their distribution warehouse was only three miles from my house.

I'm only taking a guess at this, but perhaps it's because of projected available space on the truck? I know, it really doesn't make any sense to me either as this has happened to me in the past with some things. I'm between Harrisburg and Philly (much closer to Harrisburg though) and they do some weird sh*t here, also.
I use FedEx when I ship. UPS is so weird. I'm hoping somebody drinks some coffee and realizes they can get it all done tomorrow.
With all shipping I've learned that "it is what it is". If they're close to you, you could go pick them all up personally. I've done that with FedEx before, but their distribution warehouse was only three miles from my house.
I'd like to keep the boxes and they wouldn't fit in my car if I did that but yeah, hopefully somebody realizes they're part of the same shipment. Plus the UPS main facility is in kind of a funky 'hood too. Is there anything worse than getting one piece of a kit and having to wait another day for the rest? Talk about 1st world probs! ;)

Go to UPS, click on the one piece, then shipping details, and see what it weighs, and you know what's coming. But it could be a full truck as was said. Each piebce has a tracking number and they could be way off of of each other so I doubt someone is going to match them up. Good luck

I use FedEx when I ship. UPS is so weird. I'm hoping somebody drinks some coffee and realizes they can get it all done tomorrow.

I'd like to keep the boxes and they wouldn't fit in my car if I did that but yeah, hopefully somebody realizes they're part of the same shipment. Plus the UPS main facility is in kind of a funky 'hood too. Is there anything worse than getting one piece of a kit and having to wait another day for the rest? Talk about 1st world probs! ;)
They may surprise you and bring all of them tomorrow. Stranger things have happened.

They may surprise you and bring all of them tomorrow. Stranger things have happened.
That's kind of what I'm hoping. I'm sure everyone wanted to bail for New Years Eve on FRI. Maybe it's just a load in and an update after midnight. Maybe I'll send some coffee/donuts over there? 🍩☕

Years ago when I ordered my Yamaha Recording Custom shell bank, everything shipped all at the same time from the vendor but they arrived via four different FedEx trucks over a two day period. Go figure!

Go to UPS, click on the one piece, then shipping details, and see what it weighs, and you know what's coming. But it could be a full truck as was said. Each piebce has a tracking number and they could be way off of of each other so I doubt someone is going to match them up. Good luck
Kick drum (37 lbs) scheduled for tomorrow. Toms on Tues. I might swing over there tomorrow morning to see if I can grab the toms if they don't update as being scheduled to be delivered with the kick. I'll take my ID and a screenshot with all the #s on them.

So why don't we have any pics and an unboxing vid yet? :D
I just got them about 430p eastern. They're already unboxed but not setup. I have to put my hoop protector on move the batter side hoop around a couple lugs so the logo is out front on the 10x7. Here's a video of the actual kit I bought though. I'll get some pics up later tonite if the Browns start to piss me off which is almost a certainty.

I just got them about 430p eastern. They're already unboxed but not setup. I have to put my hoop protector on move the batter side hoop around a couple lugs so the logo is out front on the 10x7. Here's a video of the actual kit I bought though. I'll get some pics up later tonite if the Browns start to piss me off which is almost a certainty.
Wow man, that's pretty awesome. Walnut sure is pretty on drums.

when the Browns
*Fixed it for you.

I am insanely jealous of your kit! Nice choice.

As for UPS, they usually do the best job around my neck of the woods. UPS often delivers earlier than originally stated or right on time. FedEx is often a day or two late. When something is sent USPS I just shake my head. USPS can have stuff in their system or route in the opposite direction for many days. I have had times where my item is in the actual post office but they won't allow me to take it right then for one reason or another.

Very nice!

I can understand the anticipation. Walnut is a rich sounding wood. After checking some out at DCP I discovered the amazing quality of the Star series.
I bet these will sound thunderous.

Back