update for all who posted on my thread about my dead tom

mikeo

i got a gauger rims mount for my cat jazz tom and guess what?... it works great... that dead tom actually sounds like something now... i was pretty impressed with the product.... after assembling it and spending some time (which i think is critical) getting it exactly lined up i was amazed at the difference in how it holds the tom... with the stock two lug mount you could just "feel" the torque on the thing... with the gauger set up, it really envelops the tom and holds it very securely, yet does not choke it... anyhow if anyone was wondering about this product, i give it an endorsement and would advise anyone buying a kit with a cheaper mounting system to get it straightaway and unlock the potential of your drum

Metamega

Yah. I'm in the process of getting something for my meridian maple Tim's. They use single lugs with 1 screw per lug on the whole kit. The Tom mounts on my 8x10 and 10x12 are attached to only two lugs. Holding a 10x12 Tom by two screws is kind of worrying me. I do notice some sound difference on and off but it still has a nice sweet spot on the kit. The sweet spot just seems smaller. I just have this feet of a screw ripping through the thin maple shell. I think their thin. The specs say 7 ply at 5.8 mm I do believe.

mikeo

gauger rims mounts are compatible with any kit, i think... they come with a universal plate that is supposed to fit on any tom mount... all you need to do is specify the size of the drum and how many lugs are on it