Up Yours 2020

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
There are certain things in life (swimming, horseback riding, changing a flat tire, operating a firearm) that are quite simple but are quite embarrassing if you're forced into a situation where you need to do it but haven't done it before.
So true. Especially swimming and a flat tire. Everyone should know both.

Firearms was just an example. I'm sure there are other things that maintain value well also. Gold comes to mind if you can get any.

Smoke

Silver Member
I woke up this morning - thought that was cool!

2020 is just another year for me - except for the mask thing. I've been working from home for over a year now, so no change there. I'm not a loner, it's just that I never was a real socialite. My nightlife is at home. We visit the kids and grandkids and my wife has friends over during the day when I'm working. I live about 45 minutes from Lansing, MI, USA - sort of in the boondocks - no rioting anywhere near me. So, other than the news - if I care to watch it - and the mask thing of course, 2020 is pretty typical for me.

so funny that there are many new birth stories here - which is awesome -
With the lockdown , there wasn’t much to do but play drums and um , er , ummm ahhh .....” insert “ imagination here . You got your boomers, your gen X’ers , your gen gen Z’s and your millennials. Now with all the practicing and procreating we’ll have a bunch of fantastic drummers and a whole new generation called....... CORONIALS 😉.

F75FAC70-1B51-4796-8B44-C17EBA77FBBF.jpeg

Yamaha Rider

This is a great uplifting thread-just what I need. Really I should be counting my blessings and for the most part I do-but the last 2-3 years has been a roller coaster ride moving twice-last during COVID. I'm really struggling with depression-have been since we moved. My grand daughter, Hannah, is my Lil Ray of Sunshine-just holding her makes me feel like "It's all going to be OK" . I hear a faint song in the background "What's it all about..Arthur!"
What's it all about, Arthur?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Arthur?
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Arthur
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Arthur
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Arthur
I know there's something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in..............
But then my grand daughter says "Hold you" and Happy, Happy, Happy am I and I count my blessings.
Love that Cilla Black song!

felonious69

Hold your finger on a piece of text. It should highlight and give you markers for the beginning and end. Move the markers to the start and end of the text you want. A "reply" box should appear:

View attachment 96264

If you notice, your quote above and the image posted are the same.
I think my phone is smarter than I am. Sometimes I check out DW while on lunch break.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

With the lockdown , there wasn’t much to do but play drums and um , er , ummm ahhh .....” insert “ imagination here . You got your boomers, your gen X’ers , your gen gen Z’s and your millennials. Now with all the practicing and procreating we’ll have a bunch of fantastic drummers and a whole new generation called....... CORONIALS 😉.

View attachment 96269
funny that you bring that up b/c back in 1978, we had The Blizzard of 78 here in Ohio, and there were all kinds of predictions for the Blizzard Baby Blitz later that year....

Got me a new grandson too!
Congrats on the new arrival and to all the others with new arrivals I’ve seen on this thread also 🙌🏻. And for the ones expecting new arrivals too ...... whether you know it or not yet 😉. Seems true lotsa folks were and are very “busy” during the lockdown .